Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ok halpy. you don't think that bura and Johansson are capable of scoring three between them in a game. I think they've gotten two already. If they did, three secondary assists is not outrageous.

But fine.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
The last few have been made the day of in the morning.

Do you have something special in mind or just want the conversation started early?

I never realized the GDT has been starting so late. I thought it used to be started earlier. I may have been more of keener?

I'm prescouting to see what the team will be encountering on the West Canada road trip. Hendricks and Boyd Gordon the Wagon line will be fun to see. We lost a good centre when Boyd left us. Miss the Hendricks' stretch along the boards as well as his dedication to team.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=735069

Burakovsky95*

We've all heard the talk about Kuzya needing time to adjust to center and all this season but during his two dominant WJC's he played center for Russia. All of his WJC games were held on NHL size rinks as well, correct? I was just checking the highlights in their 2012 semi against Canada and he was ridiculous in all 3 zones. I understand the NHL is a completely different animal but why are the Caps acting like he hasn't played center in 10 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would like to see Hendricks back in a caps sweater, dude was gold, won a lot of games for the caps in the shootout http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pb5A4Ri2iZo

I'd be okay if the Caps left Edmonton with both Hendricks and Gordon and not Erskine and Beagle.

The negative of course is their current salaries. Curious what kind of relationship Hendricks had with Trotz last season before he was sent off to Edmonton. Definitely could see Boyd Gordon as a Barry Trotz type of player, besides he's much better in the dot then just about anything we currently have.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Zero interest in either Gordon or Hendricks at their current cap hits unless you are free to dump players in return too.

Wouldn't mind trading Erskine for Hendricks because they both have terrible contracts, and especially if you could fool them into taking Volpatti too.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
why choose one. you don't like the Laich deal. I doubt you would like the gordo deal.
It was a simple question. If you could only pick one, which would you take? I clearly would take Gordon.

Halpysback*

why choose one. you don't like the Laich deal. I doubt you would like the gordo deal.

Gordo happens to be an excellent shutdown center who is an ace on faceoffs. Laich is more comparable to Hendricks without the shootout moves.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Nice to see a Canadian media piece on Ovie embrace his irreverence, instead of finger-wag at it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Gordo happens to be an excellent shutdown center who is an ace on faceoffs. Laich is more comparable to Hendricks without the shootout moves.

He's a good defensive center who is very good on the draw.

He brings little to no offense, is a place where the cycle goes to die, doesn't hit, is undersized and spends half the game on the ice. He never got to double digit goals or assists while he was here and averages about 7 goals a year. He generally got 3rd line minutes.

He's like a smaller version of Beagle with enhanced faceoffs and less balance.

Matt Hendricks has not scored more than 5 goals per year since 2010-2011 and never gotten to double digits. How is this exactly comprable to Brooks Laich??

Halpysback*

He's a good defensive center who is very good on the draw.

He brings little to no offense, is a place where the cycle goes to die, doesn't hit, is undersized and spends half the game on the ice. He never got to double digit goals or assists while he was here and averages about 7 goals a year. He generally got 3rd line minutes.

He's like a smaller version of Beagle with enhanced faceoffs and less balance.

You know he's not the same player now that he was 4 years ago?

This is like having Dallas fans say Niskanen is a weak useless turnover machine because that's all he was when he last played for them.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
You know he's not the same player now that he was 4 years ago?

This is like having Dallas fans say Niskanen is a weak useless turnover machine because that's all he was when he last played for them.

Laich had a bad year last year and was clearly still impaired by the injury. Still he scored 8 goals in 50 games. He, even impaired, is a superior player to Hendricks and I like Hendricks. He's a good locker room guy, shootout player and 4th liner. Terrible fighter tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->