Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXXI: The Trotzification

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
who knows. trotz did comment about ward in his intro presser in a positive way. that's all ive seen/heard.

brouwer would be a sell high too, though. frankly I don't think either gets traded, but u support brouwer being the guy and then let ward run his course.

Trotz on the day he was hired was interviewed by Scott Laughlin on Sirius/XM and Ward was brought up by Laughlin and how successful he performed last season as well as for Canada in the recent WC (or whatever they call it that was just played in May). Trotz was very complimentary and noted that Ward took the unusual route in getting in to the NHL by way of the lesser known Canadian college that he had played for.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Trotz returns Ovechkin to the left side, then Brouwer would not be the odd man out. The right side would be comprised of Brouwer, Fehr, Ward and Wilson (still think Wilson might be better off starting in Hershey for experience/minutes purposes).

I think kuz is a rw on his offside. so moving ov back to the left and kuz to the right is a wash

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Dumpster diving is all the Capitals do in free agency.

While I agree with you historically, I think it's fair to reserve judgment on this. Leonsis still has integrity in my book and he said he was openly re-evaluating the culture of the Washington Capitals. This team has historically spent close to the cap since Ovechkin was drafted - so I think the resistance to free agent spending had more to do with McPhee's risk tolerance than tight purse strings. McPhee usually valued the bird in his hand more than the one in the bush - and I think he usually made the right decision. We'll see whether GMBM has a similar (low) tolerance for risk as well when it comes to free agents.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Too early tell how it will all end up, of course, but I've had the feeling that the farther they get from the initial disappointment of missing the playoffs the more the "gotta shake things up" soark fades. I think they lost some of that initial fire during the GM search and it may be next to nothing by the time the next round of moves (or non-moves) lands on the table.

/"We like our team. We do." culture forever!

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
On another note, under the heading of dumpster diving:
David Booth anyone? Caps have been weak on the left side. Just waived for buy-out purposes with 4.5 left on his contract. Wonder if he's attainable for 2.

His confidence isn't the problem, he's just never been the same since his concussion. I've got no interest in having him in our top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad