Ace Combat 7

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Only ever played Infinity, looking forward to this, though I doubt I'll get it at launch.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
AC2 on the original PS and AC4 on PS2 are still my favorite flight combat games ever.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I am so excited for this game, and that's very rare for me nowadays. Don't let me down Project Aces!

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone on console play yet? I'm holding out for pc. I hear the Playstation VR missions are pretty cool. Bought this stick in anticipation for this game
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQEDEEW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the game pre ordered from cdkeys for $47. can't wait.

I’ve played just a tad and finished the first 8 missions. I’ll be playing more then next few days. It feels like an ace combat game and they added a few other elements like the turbulence and ice build up that can factor in during missions. Haven’t played multiplayer mainly because I play campaign only. I have it in PS4 so I’m also playing a lot of AC5 too.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I thought about getting a HOTAS but, as much as I love AC, I can't justify an additional 60 bucks for an accessory I'll use for one or maybe two games.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I thought about getting a HOTAS but, as much as I love AC, I can't justify an additional 60 bucks for an accessory I'll use for one or maybe two games.
Since I got the game for $47 i figured why not spend another $40 for the joystick. only $20 more than the normal price of the game.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I finished the game last night. I have to say unfortunately this is one of the weaker stories in the franchise. It just kind of felt bland.

Very brief Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Gorgeous game
- Flight controls
- Combat is fun and typical Ace Combat style
- I do like the Aircraft tree and the options to try different special parts.

Cons:
- Short missions. Half of them feel like they only take a few minutes to complete.
- Bland story. You just don’t really connect to any of the characters and you don’t really understand what the point of the war is or what you’re fighting for really.
- No squad commands

I’ll play through it again to see if there is anything I may have missed but it just feels empty and uninspiring compared to other games in this franchise. It doesn’t help that Ace Combat 5 was included in the pre order. Playing back to back, you can see how much better AC5 is in just about every aspect.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I finished the game last night. I have to say unfortunately this is one of the weaker stories in the franchise. It just kind of felt bland.

Very brief Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Gorgeous game
- Flight controls
- Combat is fun and typical Ace Combat style
- I do like the Aircraft tree and the options to try different special parts.

Cons:
- Short missions. Half of them feel like they only take a few minutes to complete.
- Bland story. You just don’t really connect to any of the characters and you don’t really understand what the point of the war is or what you’re fighting for really.
- No squad commands

I’ll play through it again to see if there is anything I may have missed but it just feels empty and uninspiring compared to other games in this franchise. It doesn’t help that Ace Combat 5 was included in the pre order. Playing back to back, you can see how much better AC5 is in just about every aspect.
Are you going to give multiplayer a try?

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Are you going to give multiplayer a try?

I’ll put some time into it tonight and give my initial thoughts. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve played it enough but I know it will be hard. Some people are just really good pilots and kill the shit out of anything without trying :laugh:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Finally get to play this bad boy. Heard there is some bug with different hotas support. Hope my stick works. if not, i will wait till the bug gets fized.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Well I'm pretty pissed. I bought a stick specifically for this game and they go and only make 4 sticks compatible and of course the one I bought isn't one of them.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I've been pretty frustrated with this game tbh. There are so many bugs on pc that aren't there on console. The game just randomly crashes while in multiplayer and it has some type of freezing/stutter that completely disables your wireless controller. Gonna hold off from playing until it gets patched. Otherwise I've actually been really liking the game.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Honestly, not worth $60. It's classic Ace Combat gameplay, which is a blast, but the story is weak and fairly short and no one plays AC for the multiplayer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad