Absolutely disgusting NHL and NHLPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

With theese news items today. I am ready to puke. I am ready to puke all over the players and the owners.

Both sides posturing is absolutely horrendous. It's not fair to the fans and not fair to the media. I CANNOT FATHOM! HOW THEY CNA DO tHIS to the fans of this game, the supportive fans, that sell out cities everynight. Buy your merchandise and live and die with every goal.

THe National Hockey league and it's players say they want to create a "new image".

Well I can tell you one thing. They don't care about the fans, all they care about is their wallets.

I hope the national hockey league crashes and burns to death along with the players.

I am so disgusted with this proccess and both sides.

They've ruined hockey for a long time. THey have ruined all their credibility and fans are NOT going to forgett it FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
I actually like what the owners did yesterday...I would rather it take 2 years to fix hockey rather than it staying like it is or being like baseball

GO OWNERS

Hockey_Nut99

Yup. They are not caving in to save a season. Go as long as it takes. Just do it right this time. Of course they don't care about the fans. They do, but it's probably around 1%. It's all about the might dollar. Just like it is to the average Joe.

Crows*

It's not that. I'm just so sick of this proccess and the children running it.

It's going to be really hard to win my support back now. The league and it's players disgust me. They should be ashamed of themseves.. both sides.

Hockey_Nut99

I think we all say that, but watch when the season starts up. We all know were going to be running to the TV's and arenas lol

Were all just frustrated. If we weren't so tied to hockey, then we wouldn't be on these boards all the time. :banghead:

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Crows said:
Well I can tell you one thing. They don't care about the fans, all they care about is their wallets.

Bettman does care about the fans. He's cared about them since the day he was hired.

Just not the ones that, you know, actually watch hockey. He cares about the ones that don't, or more likely won't, watch hockey. It's their league as long as the NHL continues to alter the game for these mythical "casual" fans who still haven't shown up after 12 years.

<JESTER>

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Don't watch the games anymore. If all the fans did that, you could cripple both players and owners alike.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Hockey_Nut99 said:
Yup. They are not caving in to save a season. Go as long as it takes. Just do it right this time. Of course they don't care about the fans. They do, but it's probably around 1%. It's all about the might dollar. Just like it is to the average Joe.

The owners do care about the fans becuase they are the customers, but if your selling a product for less than it costs to produce then you have to rework the economics at all costs or you lose your business.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
NJD Jester said:
Bettman does care about the fans. He's cared about them since the day he was hired.

Just not the ones that, you know, actually watch hockey. He cares about the ones that don't, or more likely won't, watch hockey. It's their league as long as the NHL continues to alter the game for these mythical "casual" fans who still haven't shown up after 12 years.

<JESTER>

Bravo Jester Bravo

Hockey_Nut99

Chayos1 said:
The owners do care about the fans becuase they are the customers, but if your selling a product for less than it costs to produce then you have to rework the economics at all costs or you lose your business.

Sorry I was talking more about the PA. The owners have to care b/c if they don't, then it's less money for them. The players couldn't give a rats a**. They get their money no matter what.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hockey_Nut99 said:
Sorry I was talking more about the PA. The owners have to care b/c if they don't, then it's less money for them. The players couldn't give a rats a**. They get their money no matter what.
Finally something that makes sense! :bow:

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
They are both screwing themselves...

The longer it takes, the less there is going to be for them to come back to.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002

LOL well said - only thing you forgot was American fans.

And to respond to the original post - I agree - I am fed up as well.. I had some hope the last few days but not a lot.. If the season is salvaged (by some miracle) I am sure I will get over the lockout fairly quickly... If it cancels the season, however, I will go out of my way to never support the league or players again (alright well I'll still watch the Sens on TV but I will be sure not to buy anything that's being advertised :) ).

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
THe National Hockey league and it's players say they want to create a "new image".

They are creating a new image alright. Oh man are they creating a new image!!!!

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Hockey_Nut99 said:

I dont see why theres such disgust. They are doing what a majority of fans say tey want, such as this. You know to get a cap, you will have to go through chaos. The owners know it. Most say, the owners are wrong, but they have the power to make it extremely uncomfortable so the players should give in even though the owners are not negotiating and the players remain open to many solutions, some many of the owners would gladly accept.

Yet the idea that Bettman could come up with a creative proposal to save the season is never even considered.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
thinkwild said:
I dont see why theres such disgust. They are doing what a majority of fans say tey want, such as this. You know to get a cap, you will have to go through chaos. The owners know it. Most say, the owners are wrong, but they have the power to make it extremely uncomfortable so the players should give in even though the owners are not negotiating and the players remain open to many solutions, some many of the owners would gladly accept.

Yet the idea that Bettman could come up with a creative proposal to save the season is never even considered.
I might be misunderstanding what you meant but I highly disagree that most say the owners are wrong.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
There is disgust because the players are refusing to accept the inevitable and everyone suffers in the process.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
screw 'em, if we lose all this season and next, it will be funny to watch some of the guys in their mid 30's come back and get cut in training camp for some of the younger players who realize that our game doesnt bring in enough revenue and are okay with a cap.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Crows said:

Ah. I know where this is going. Hockey is going to reinvent itself. No more polite white canadian boys. No more "hockey players are such great guys" talk. I'm thinking they will probably hire the same PR-agency that came up with McDonalds brilliant "I'm lovin' it" campaign.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Sinurgy said:
I might be misunderstanding what you meant but I highly disagree that most say the owners are wrong.

You're right, let me rephrase. Many of the people i've heard lately who support the owners then try to be reasonable (posters here, radio personalities, hockey writers) say, look, the owners are not negotiating and are kicking the players in the teeth, and are not going to compromise but rather hold out and try to break the union, and its wrong and unfair. But there's nothing the players can do. So we should hope the union is broken, because the idea that the owners could compromise even a bit is impossible.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
thinkwild said:
You're right, let me rephrase. Many of the people i've heard lately who support the owners then try to be reasonable (posters here, radio personalities, hockey writers) say, look, the owners are not negotiating and are kicking the players in the teeth, and are not going to compromise but rather hold out and try to break the union, and its wrong and unfair. But there's nothing the players can do. So we should hope the union is broken, because the idea that the owners could compromise even a bit is impossible.

I know your viewpoints are very different from mine, but I'm glad you can see the inevitable. It shows me that not all pro PA'ers are blind to see what will really happen. Whether its fair or not can be argued forever, but the inevitable should not be overlooked to detrement the game anymore than it already is. No side, especially the players will benefit from holding out any longer. But I think their ego's have been hurt and that is the reason for it happening. And to be honest I can understand that. But its time to cool down and set this aside and make the appropriate decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad