Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Provorov 23:41
Ghost 22:12
MacDonald 19:49
Hagg 18:12
Gudas 15:35

Gudas should soon be back to 20+ minutes, and Sanheim will get more TOI as he gets experience.
So in a month or two, MacDonald will be getting 2nd to 3rd pair minutes.

Don't forget to start the clock tonight on his TOB - Time On the Balcony.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
It's funny how everyone wants to throw Hakstol under the bus here based on a failed offside challenge.

If they would've won that game, how many would give him any credit for the 3-1 start?

It's comical how some can ONLY be critical of the coach. It's even more comical than the guys who only ever see a problem with the players.

That game was lost 75% on the backs of the refs, 15% on the backs of the coaching staff (the challenge) and 10% on the players who couldn't close out the game despite the other 90% of fail.

Why should a coach be congratulated after every game where he doesn't seriously f*** up.

He's in the NHL, not the YMCA floor hockey league.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Time for fans to start voicing their opinions together.

In no way should we ever boo a player that puts on the jersey, but Hextall needs to hear this.

Warm-ups and 1st period ''Hakstol out'' and ''Sanhiem" chants need to be heard loud. This is a god damn disgrace

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim isn't exactly a key player right now, he's going throw some growing pains.
It's not the end of the world if he sits for the home opener, he'll get plenty of PT, Hextall wouldn't have him on the squad if Hakstol wasn't prepared to play him.

Sixers fans are going to see the same thing with Fultz, he probably won't get a great deal of PT until January, as he learns how to play the game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sixers fans are going to see the same thing with Fultz, he probably won't get a great deal of PT until January, as he learns how to play the game.

Brett Brown is going to DNP-CD Markelle Fultz? That's what you're saying? This isn't playing 3rd pairing minutes, this is sitting.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim isn't exactly a key player right now, he's going throw some growing pains.
It's not the end of the world if he sits for the home opener, he'll get plenty of PT, Hextall wouldn't have him on the squad if Hakstol wasn't prepared to play him.

You're developing a really bad pattern.

When he does something bad, you try to polish the turd. But if it's 100% indefensible, even to you, then you say it doesn't matter...

At this pace his every decision and half the games aren't going to matter...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You're developing a really bad pattern.

When he does something bad, you try to polish the turd. But if it's 100% indefensible, even to you, then you say it doesn't matter...

At this pace his every decision and half the games aren't going to matter...

07-minister.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

He needs to play in the nhl....doesn't matter if hes going through growing pains or not, can't learn of he doesn't play, f*** amac and manning still go through growing pains amf they are at the peak potential so don't feed us with that bullshit

If the kids arent playing put them in the ahl to play top minutes....kind of weird how you defend hak at every turn

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Sanheim will absolutely be key once he settles in because he brings offense 5v5. What will not help him settle in is watching from the stands.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin only went on the West Coast trip b/c they were unsure about Ghost, and he returned in time to start the AHL season.
If Sanheim is on the team, it's to play on a regular basis, if they just wanted an emergency 7th D-man, they'd send him down and call up Brennan or Wilcox.
In the same way they'll have Lehtera or Read as the 13th forward, while the kids play everynight in LHV.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The genius never surprises. Honestly, is there a mental defect with the head coach? That's the only thing I can think with some of his lineups and decisions. I thought he had a chance to be a good one after year 1, but he's gone full blown idiot stick. I swear, he must come from the Greg Gilbert school of coaching. Absolutely baffling.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
It's funny how everyone wants to throw Hakstol under the bus here based on a failed offside challenge.

If they would've won that game, how many would give him any credit for the 3-1 start?

It's comical how some can ONLY be critical of the coach. It's even more comical than the guys who only ever see a problem with the players.

That game was lost 75% on the backs of the refs, 15% on the backs of the coaching staff (the challenge) and 10% on the players who couldn't close out the game despite the other 90% of fail.

I legitimately was on the verge of some heavy praise before that decision, but that’s a disgrace of a call and the Sanheim scratching only adds to it. Man needs to go.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
All right I'm on board...
Fire Hakstol.

This team sucks, especially 5 on 5.

Reactions: JXC

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'd love to catch the guys at a bar on the road after a game and ask them what they really think about Hakstol. I'm sure I could buy a few rounds for everyone and get some of them to open up. I imagine it would be a wide variety of opinions, but who knows??

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'd love to catch the guys at a bar on the road after a game and ask them what they really think about Hakstol. I'm sure I could buy a few rounds for everyone and get some of them to open up. I imagine it would be a wide variety of opinions, but who knows??

Boxy, I never realized you made that much money from reffing basketball :laugh:

Reactions: boxcar65

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It sure looks like the Nashville game took all the fire out of the team.
They did get lucky with the Caps playing their third game in four nights, thought the Flyers were sloppy the 1st period, having a few days to practice seemed to make them a lot sharper.

I thought the best illustration of how this scheme works was the play where MacDonald was down low behind the net and almost stuffed it in for a goal, Provorov and two forwards where up near the blue line in case he lost the puck, preventing a breakout. This is the discipline on the cycle that was lacking last season.

I also think this may be one reason why Hextall is reluctant to have too many inexperienced players on this team at once and will work them in gradually - for this scheme to work properly, the D-men and forwards have to be on the same page, and it requires more ice awareness than say Berube's safety first schemes.

There were still too many defensive breakdowns, but you can see how dangerous this team can become with four lines and at least one mobile defenseman on every pairing.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I remember last year when Hakstol sat TK for a few games and people were enraged and then when Konecny got back in the lineup he was killing it, clearly he had benefited from the change of perspective.

But people said "See Hakstol you idiot he should have been playing!!!1!"

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I remember last year when Hakstol sat TK for a few games and people were enraged and then when Konecny got back in the lineup he was killing it, clearly he had benefited from the change of perspective.

But people said "See Hakstol you idiot he should have been playing!!!1!"
He was "killing it" before being scratched too. He litterally got benched after a two point game where he looked great.

But I guess if we remember that then its more difficult to dishonestly defend Hakstols terrible coaching... shame when facts get in the way, isn't it?

It's bizarre that there's people on here who are bigger fans of the coach than they are of the team. Going so far as to making things up to try to defend him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->