Abid Ramzi or Cammelleri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
When healthy, I think Abid is the better offensive player, but he doesn't play a lick of defense.

Sandman13

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Abid is much better offensively, bigger, plays tough and could develop into an elite power-forward. I think Abid will be much better, although Cammalleri should be good too.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Sandman13 said:
Abid is much better offensively, bigger, plays tough and could develop into an elite power-forward. I think Abid will be much better, although Cammalleri should be good too.

It would be nice to see a healthy Abid.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I have trouble classifying Ramzi as a true power forward, because he has a propensity to float on defense. On the power play though, he will park himself in the crease and he is really a force.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
We've had him for almost a year and I still don't know what to think of him, he's been on the IR almost the entire time...

Abid looks solid when on his game though.

Spiffy

brownies said:
his name is Ramzi Abid, but I take Cammaleri (sp?) as anyone should do.
Arab and turkish names can be written either way.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Abid sucks. Injuries aside, he was a massive disappointment this year and did not even play well when he did play. He was a regular healthy scratch.

He has the physical tools, it's everything else you have to worry about. That, and lack of footspeed.

Spiffy

La-La-Laprise said:
No they cant. Maybe Turkish names but not Arabs.
Are you sure? Because I thought it came from the arab tradition, since they write from right to left. Well then it is only turkish names then.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
jmelm said:
Abid sucks. Injuries aside, he was a massive disappointment this year and did not even play well when he did play. He was a regular healthy scratch.

He has the physical tools, it's everything else you have to worry about. That, and lack of footspeed.

I wouldnt say he sucks. He has been injured his entire pro carrer. Dating back to his 20 year old season in the AHL.

Power Forwards need time to develop. Pens need to be patient with him and he will pay them dividends in a couple years.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Spiffy said:
Are you sure? Because I thought it came from the arab tradition, since they write from right to left. Well then it is only turkish names then.

Im Lebanese, yeah we write right to left but I have never heard of writting a name both ways.

Maybe you are thinking about Chinese people.

Spiffy

La-La-Laprise said:
Im Lebanese, yeah we write right to left but I have never heard of writting a name both ways.

Maybe you are thinking about Chinese people.
I am not thinking about chinese people. I was just simply wrong. I was thinking of arabs. Sorry.

Spiffy

La-La-Laprise said:
LOL no worries.

Abid is from Tunisia. Northern African country.
Ramzi is from Canada :)

I know that one of his parents is from Tunisia...

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Cammelleri without a doubt. When he is allowed to play on the top two lines and not having his chain yanked back and forth he is brilliant. Put him on ANY team in the league's top two lines and he would have 30 or more points and a positive plus minus right now. He weren't that far off is it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->