News Article: Abdelkader Signs With EV Zug (National League)

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Guy's probably hoping a good showing there might lead to some NHL interest before the deadline or in the offseason.

If he shows some truculence for EVZ, maybe he'll be in a Pens jersey in a couple months :sarcasm:

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
A training skate to see if he can catch on to a NHL team. With a number of young players being loaned it may be an opportunity. I don't see it, but I am still reeling from my opposition of signing Franz Nielsen.

Abby was a boat anchor contract from day 1. His best assist was car pooling with Pav to the rink.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I imagine he'll still haul in a nice salary, as well. Living the dream while making money doing the profession you love and getting to see the world.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I really think the Swiss National League is a great level for him to compete at.

I'm really ecstatic for him, but I think, okay, you're 18 and putting up those numbers in National League, then people think you are ready for the next level up because you tend to improve in your early to mid twenties.

On the other hand, he's pushing 35 and will likely decline. But for the meantime, and perhaps until he's almost 40, it looks like he can be effective there if he wants. So, I'm surprised he's not fully content to stay put.

To see him listed on team USA while knowing the kind of talent USA really has at wing, especially at left wing, doesn't convince me that Abdelkader is pulling off an NHL comeback; it just convinces me that a number or other American wingers are skipping IIHF. But prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: heyfolks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad