AAU/UHU Tier I Junior Hockey

Dec 13, 2010
http://unitedhockeyunion.pointstreaksites.com/view/unitedhockeyunion/news-1079/news_461023

First odd piece of info is that TJHN is the primary contact for this league? Nothing against them at all, just curious what the involvement is. Of course now the beef between TJHN and JH.com is coming out again. Always find it funny that whichever leagues are funneling money to whichever sites are the ones that those websites are claiming are the best.

Anyway, since TJHN and UHU are already acknowledging that their Tier I isn't the same as USA Hockey Tier I, what the hell does their Tier I mean?

kij

Jan 31, 2016
Quite honestly the tier 1 UHU most likely could give USA Hockey a run for its money. There are so many high end European players that can't get their shot in the USHL due to restrictions. Billet fees will likely still be required in the new league. UHU also charges an extra fee for full medical coverage including dental work if you get hit in the face. The new league will be filled with age outs but should be able to garner interest from many midwest NCAA schools.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
http://unitedhockeyunion.pointstreaksites.com/view/unitedhockeyunion/news-1079/news_461023

First odd piece of info is that TJHN is the primary contact for this league? Nothing against them at all, just curious what the involvement is. Of course now the beef between TJHN and JH.com is coming out again. Always find it funny that whichever leagues are funneling money to whichever sites are the ones that those websites are claiming are the best.

Anyway, since TJHN and UHU are already acknowledging that their Tier I isn't the same as USA Hockey Tier I, what the hell does their Tier I mean?

Interesting development. The UHU is gaining a bit more stability and credibility over the past few seasons. I'm a bit worried they're rushing this a bit- They're expanding at the Tier III level, and between the UHU, USA Hockey, GMHL, and Hockey Canada there's already way too many Tier III pay-to-play jr teams. They could benefit from cutting the WSHL's lowest teams and focusing on raising the WSHL's talent league-wide to better compete with the NAHL before creating a Tier I level league. Now, this new UHU Tier I league could poach the best WSHL players and lower the level of the WSHL raising league talent.

Also agreed, it's curious that they are using TJHN as the primary contact for the new league, it takes maybe 3 mins to set up a new gmail account.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->