Confirmed with Link: Delete

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can he skate

Edit: like is he a + skater. WHY was he undrafted. What went wrong. WHAts going right now

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Here's the closest think to a write up I could find on him;
Luchuk is a plus skater with great hockey sense, who protects the puck well and has good hands in tight. The big issue is that he lacks size and doesn’t quite have the offensive production to balance out that concern.

btw, I think he was a training camp invite for Vancouver.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I'm in love with this headline.
As a Spitfires Season ticket holder it crushed me seeing him traded to Barrie.
I don't see a way he doesn't make it to the NHL, he won't be a top 6 scorer anytime soon but he takes pride in his defensive game. He's a great skater who has creativity with the puck. Hes a leader and a winner. He can play all forward slots and is an ace on the draw.
He's great in the community and is just a down to earth guy. I'm so happy Ottawa got around to signing this guy as he is by far and away my favourite player to ever play in the OHL.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Luchuk is one of the top undrafted players available in the CHL, from what I've gathered. He seems to be a late bloomer, he's already beaten his career best numbers in goals and is about to beat his best for points. He has a good chance to score over 50g & 100 pts this year. I had an earlier hunch that some other team would sign him and get a nice good player so I'm glad we've landed him.

Too bad Belleville will probably suck too much to use him this season.

Edit:

A little more I've gathered on Luchuk...

From an HF thread about him:
- "A small, speedy center…Luchuk seems to bring compete and a two-way game that could adapt pretty well to a bottom-6 role…
- Vancouver, Vegas and LA made inquiries into signing him..

And from an article/interview:

- Last year had a 53.9% face-off percentage; this year is around 60% (was at 59.8 after 17 games).
- Luchuk: "Penalty killing and playing defence is something I take extreme pride in. We have one of the top penalty kills this year. We had a record-breaking kill last year. I think a team who signs me gets a guy who can not only put a puck in the net but can also defend in his own end and shut down the other team’s top lines."

From the Spitfires season thread, my impression:
- Spitfire fans doubted Luchuk would be traded because he was such a key leader for their team (this was before he went on a tear and, presumably, increased his value substantially).
- Many felt he should be their “long”term captain.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad