Post-Game Talk: A win. 2 pts! Bruins (12-9-4, 28pts) @ Preds (17-7-3, 35pts) 12/4/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great win!

Fiala with some sweet moves. I love the way Smith is playing.

Tired of seeing our guys get their heads punched into the ice and no calls made. :rant:

I think most of our 3rd period problems is from the fact we stopped playing "Glorious" before the third period starts! :)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Tonight was maybe the worst experience I have had with opponents fans. The section was probably 70% bruins fans and they were all extremely intoxicated and obnoxious.

It's going to be really fun when I'm in NYC for school and I go to places like Philly and Boston to catch Preds games. I just need to get really big between now and then so the assholes are less likely to start shit with me :laugh:

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Whenever we play Boston and win their entire online fanbase talks about how the Preds are "fake tough guys" or the Bruins didn't play physical enough. It's almost like they believe their team still intimidates their way to wins. The Bruins are mediocre at best and Marchand is a total fraud.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Tonight was maybe the worst experience I have had with opponents fans. The section was probably 70% bruins fans and they were all extremely intoxicated and obnoxious.
It was largely fine where I was, and ironically I'm pretty much in the all you can eat/drink zone. There were a lot of Boston fans but they weren't doing much really obnoxious of note. In general I was worried the crowd was gonna be really weak as it was a Monday and it was really friggin empty at the beginning but I guess it filled up eventually and was a "sellout". (between Saturday and last night there must be a lot of people not using their tickets.)

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Interesting perspective in the Bruins' postgame thread.

Apparently we are not a "great" team because the Bruins beat us once and "could have beat us again."

I guess being 1-point out of the lead for the central and 1-point out of the most points in the NHL is not impressive.

Despite our success, we just have not shaken the "nice little expansion team" label.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It started raining last night about 6 and there were crashes everywhere which caused a backlog with traffic.
I know we're nowhere near this bad, but Nashville is quickly starting to remind me of LA where there's no real consistent pattern of traffic on weeknights (or out there, anytime). It's just people driving everywhere.... into town, out of town, across town, wherever. I know a lot of cities deal with it but it's no fun having to deal with traffic as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong. I don't think we're used to it yet. Growing pains I guess. I think that's a big reason that a lot of empties are being seen early on over the last couple of years.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I know we're nowhere near this bad, but Nashville is quickly starting to remind me of LA where there's no real consistent pattern of traffic on weeknights (or out there, anytime). It's just people driving everywhere.... into town, out of town, across town, wherever. I know a lot of cities deal with it but it's no fun having to deal with traffic as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong. I don't think we're used to it yet. Growing pains I guess. I think that's a big reason that a lot of empties are being seen early on over the last couple of years.
What makes that worse is there isn't really any good alternative routes around here. There is the interstate and one main road off of it and that's it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There is a section behind the penalty boxes that rarely fills up til after 7:30. I don't know whether it's staff seating or what, but the people that arrive are usually in darker clothes, not in Preds jerseys or T-shirts--it may be business attire, I can't see clearly that far. It's on the same side as cameras so you wouldn't see it on TV (no doubt by design).

I typically leave for the arena at 5:30, coming from Donelson. I never know how long it will take me to get there because of traffic--and I go back roads! There have been times I barely made it to my seat by puck drop and others where I'm roaming the arena for an hour. I can't imagine having to navigate the interstates at rush hour--even going opposite traffic it looks terrible!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
There is a section behind the penalty boxes that rarely fills up til after 7:30. I don't know whether it's staff seating or what, but the people that arrive are usually in darker clothes, not in Preds jerseys or T-shirts--it may be business attire, I can't see clearly that far. It's on the same side as cameras so you wouldn't see it on TV (no doubt by design).

I typically leave for the arena at 5:30, coming from Donelson. I never know how long it will take me to get there because of traffic--and I go back roads! There have been times I barely made it to my seat by puck drop and others where I'm roaming the arena for an hour. I can't imagine having to navigate the interstates at rush hour--even going opposite traffic it looks terrible!
Probably Lexus Lounge

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It was unbelievably empty at faceoff. Most of the crowd showed up by 730 or so though.

Seems like this is happening more now than ever, which is weird. Always a good number of empty seats at faceoff but it almost always fill in eventually.

Wherever I sit, I always see people, even families in Preds gear (so not just “corporate” people who don’t really care) dragging in midway or late in the first period. I know sometimes crap happens and it can't be avoided but I still don't get it.

With the amount of $$ I am paying for tickets, there is no way I am missing even one minute of the game unless there are some pretty dire circumstances.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Whenever we play Boston and win their entire online fanbase talks about how the Preds are "fake tough guys" or the Bruins didn't play physical enough. It's almost like they believe their team still intimidates their way to wins. The Bruins are mediocre at best and Marchand is a total fraud.
It's just the one guy, really, and he's a known anti-Pred poster similar to the handful of Blues/Ducks fans that go out of their way to knock us in any general board thread. The more of these posters we accumulate, it means the better our team is league-wide. Pretty funny to be calling out our fake-tough guys when supporting a team with Brad Marchand. It's like the Ducks fans complaining about diving while having supported Perry and Kesler for years.

Reactions: Drake744

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It's going to be really fun when I'm in NYC for school and I go to places like Philly and Boston to catch Preds games. I just need to get really big between now and then so the *******s are less likely to start **** with me :laugh:
My mother, sister and I went to a hotel bar dressed in full regalia when we were in Bruins territory for the first game. They gave us some grief because we were losing that game, but on the whole they were much more interested in the Patriots and Red Sox games--and our accents, of course.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My mother, sister and I went to a hotel bar dressed in full regalia when we were in Bruins territory for the first game. They gave us some grief because we were losing that game, but on the whole they were much more interested in the Patriots and Red Sox games--and our accents, of course.
My experiences of trash talking in our direction at away games consists of:

Colorado: I go every year. I don't remember anyone really ever saying anything to us. People are mostly cool.

Anaheim: Been several times. Extremely cheesy and uncreative stuff when they even do try and talk.

LA: Been several times. Don't think anyone has said anything at me. They're a friendly bunch.

Florida: They're just..... there. We won in OT and I stood out because there was nobody there, which prompted one guy to tell me to go back to Nashville. Little did he know I was a Panthers employee at the time who was given that game off. Oops.

St. Louis: It's St. Louis and we won 5-1. Some things were said.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Were there more opposing fans there than usual? Seemed like quite a roar when Boston scored.

One of my favorite moments was after the game about 15 miles east an SUV came up on my bumper very fast flashing bright lights then before I could move over it passed me on the right and cut back making me hit brakes. It had a Bruins license tag frame. About 15 seconds later a trooper passes me and lights the guy up!

Second moment was the Bruins fan 3 seats to my right who had been yelling F... 'em up repeatedly in third period having his head on the rail in a rain of mumbled g*damits and having his girlfriend console him.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Were there more opposing fans there than usual? Seemed like quite a roar when Boston scored.

One of my favorite moments was after the game about 15 miles east an SUV came up on my bumper very fast flashing bright lights then before I could move over it passed me on the right and cut back making me hit brakes. It had a Bruins license tag frame. About 15 seconds later a trooper passes me and lights the guy up!

Second moment was the Bruins fan 3 seats to my right who had been yelling F... 'em up repeatedly in third period having his head on the rail in a rain of mumbled g*damits and having his girlfriend console him.
Yes, there was a ton of Bruin fans. I think the upper levels had more of them than the lower bowl but as I stated earlier my section was about 60-70% Bruin fans and the sections around us had a good number too. They had some pretty loud chants going at times.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I did want to mention something about the Bruins fans sitting around us. They looked rather amazed when the home crowd did the intermission cheer just prior to FF9s goal. Talked to a few of them about it a bit and he scored in the midst of my explanation so I just pointed and said: "Well, that sums it up better than I can."

Reactions: myFialabot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad