OT: A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1919

Feb 4, 2017
Is there any fan shuttle or buses to the lightning games from Orlando or Disney world? I'm taking my daughter to the game on Feb 21st and we're staying in Disney world.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just purchased my tickets to the Blue Jays and Rays game on August 24th. Was able to get section 117 and row L which is 2nd row behind the Blue Jays dugout. I noticed single game tickets were on sale through the Rays website and I even purchased parking in lot #4.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Is there any fan shuttle or buses to the lightning games from Orlando or Disney world? I'm taking my daughter to the game on Feb 21st and we're staying in Disney world.

It will definitely be cheaper to rent a car. In FL it is about 20 bucks a day for a small one.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Hey everyone... Rangers fan coming in peace. My wife and I are going to the game on 3/6 and I was wondering how early I should get there. I remember the last time I went to a game, there was a lot of stuff going on around the arena.... or should I just go get something to eat at Channelside? Just trying to figure out what the afternoon before the game will be like...
What's the best food at the arena?

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Hey everyone... Rangers fan coming in peace. My wife and I are going to the game on 3/6 and I was wondering how early I should get there. I remember the last time I went to a game, there was a lot of stuff going on around the arena.... or should I just go get something to eat at Channelside? Just trying to figure out what the afternoon before the game will be like...

Thanks for coming! I'm not sure what you're into but if you arrive early you can have drinks with live music on the plaza outside or hit up a local bar.

There are a lot of restaurants in the area if that's your preference but make sure to order your ride very early. The taxis are horrible and uber type services are usually overbooked close to game time and post game time.

I've never been, but AMALIE Arena has it's own restaurant called the Firestick Grill. I've heard it's good but expensive. I've never been.

http://www.10best.com/destinations/florida/tampa/channelside/restaurants/firestick-grill/

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Thanks for coming! I'm not sure what you're into but if you arrive early you can have drinks with live music on the plaza outside or hit up a local bar.

There are a lot of restaurants in the area if that's your preference but make sure to order your ride very early. The taxis are horrible and uber type services are usually overbooked close to game time and post game time.

I've never been, but AMALIE Arena has it's own restaurant called the Firestick Grill. I've heard it's good but expensive. I've never been.

http://www.10best.com/destinations/florida/tampa/channelside/restaurants/firestick-grill/

Thanks for the response. Live music and drinks at the plaza sounds great. What time do you recommend getting there? We'll probably eat at Channelside and walk over.

What is your favorite arena for inside?

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.

This is another food/beer option http://www.yeomanscaskandlion.com/ it's about a 5-10 minute walk from Thunder Ally. Beers are a lot cheaper there than Thunder Ally. :)

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hey all. I'm traveling to Tampa this week and was hoping you all could point me towards a good restaurant or pub where I can watch the playoffs on Wednesday night. Most interested in the Rangers series if that has any bearing at all. My hotel is near the airport but I'm willing to drive.

Thank you!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hey all. I'm traveling to Tampa this week and was hoping you all could point me towards a good restaurant or pub where I can watch the playoffs on Wednesday night. Most interested in the Rangers series if that has any bearing at all. My hotel is near the airport but I'm willing to drive.

Thank you!

Hattrick's comes to mind.

Liddsvez

Oct 30, 2014
Game day parking

Hi guys. We are on vacation in Florida in October and are coming over to Tampa to see 2 games. When buying the tickets on ticket master there were no prepay parking available so wondered where was the best place to park?

Thanks!

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Hi guys. We are on vacation in Florida in October and are coming over to Tampa to see 2 games. When buying the tickets on ticket master there were no prepay parking available so wondered where was the best place to park?

Thanks!

Tampa Bay Port Garage (it's across the street from channelside, right next to the huge 30 story towers). Gonna cost ya $10-15 (depends on day) but your car is safe, and it's only a 5min walk to the arena.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I usually park at the South Regional Garage which is the big one right beside Amalie Arena. Game day is usually $12 to $15. Five levels, elevators that let you off right at Thunder Alley beside the arena.

You have to get there a bit early - depending on the opponent - to make sure you get a spot, but you'll want to watch warm ups (half hour before game time) anyway and Amalie Arena opens its doors one hour before puck drop. I'm usually there about a half hour before the doors open and I almost never have trouble getting a spot in the garage.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
My dad parks on Jefferson at those weird things with the numbers on them and pays for a spot on his phone. It's only a few bucks.

Liddsvez

Oct 30, 2014
Hi again. We are sitting on the 2nd level for the game. Are you able to go downstairs to watch warmup close to the ice?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hi again. We are sitting on the 2nd level for the game. Are you able to go downstairs to watch warmup close to the ice?

Absolutely! It's great fun. When the doors open an hour before puck drop, I always head straight down to grab a nice spot right at the glass for warmups. Then I'll head up to my seat on the third level. It's so much fun to watch them close up!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Looking for two types of restaurants.....
What are the 'nicest' places in walking distance of the arena?
What are the best kid friendly places without walking distance of the arena?

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Looking for two types of restaurants.....
What are the 'nicest' places in walking distance of the arena?
What are the best kid friendly places without walking distance of the arena?

Jackson's is probably one of the 'nicest' places close by. Just have to walk a short bridge across the water from the convention center (which is like two blocks from Amalie). Columbia Cafe just opened a location inside the Tampa History Museum (next to Amalie) but I haven't been there yet. All their other locations are nice.
I don't know anything about kids, or 'kid friendly', so can't speak to that. Does that mean no Hooters? (which is in Channelside along with a few other places)

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Jackson's is probably one of the 'nicest' places close by. Just have to walk a short bridge across the water from the convention center (which is like two blocks from Amalie). Columbia Cafe just opened a location inside the Tampa History Museum (next to Amalie) but I haven't been there yet. All their other locations are nice.
I don't know anything about kids, or 'kid friendly', so can't speak to that. Does that mean no Hooters? (which is in Channelside along with a few other places)
Thanks for getting back to me. I guess to clarify kid friendly... clean, not too loud and space for a stroller.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
What is the best time of the year to visit Tampa (need to be during hockey season)?
Anytime from now to the end of the season is probably going to feel like summer for you.( maybe a little hotter depending on fluctuations) In general hockey season in Florida is great weather for us northern types. (from Vermont originally)

Reactions: Maelmoor

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hey guys, quick question for you all. Going to the game Thursday and was going through the bag check information. Just wanted to make sure, are drawstrings allowed into the arena? After looking it over, the Panthers are pretty much a no for any bag so wanted to make sure what the deal is with Amalie Arena. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad