Kings Article: A Positive Story, A Poignant Reminder: Brooks Laich

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
With 31 National Hockey League teams and games being played almost every night each season, it is very, very easy to overlook the fact that hockey is big business, and that the players are people, too with their own lives, families, needs and wishes for the future.
Brooks Laich played 12 games for the Los Angeles Kings this season after being signed to a one-year contract after Jeff Carter was injured. But before we knew it, Laich was gone, his contract terminated by mutual agreement.
In the twilight of his career, Laich knew that his spot on the roster wasn't guaranteed. Nevetheless, his story, and not just what happened with the Kings, is both a telling and revealing one about how tough the business can be on the players, a fact that is so very easy for the rest of us to forget or ignore..
Check out “A Positive Story, A Poignant Reminder: Brooks Laich” at:
A Positive Story, A Poignant Reminder: Brooks Laich

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Fantastic interview and tribute to a guy I was proud to say was a King. I appreciate his honesty and unselfishness. People don't forget that. We all go through adversity but that's where character shows itself. Laich's positive attitude and hard work got him the opportunities he had and will continue to serve him well.

I wish Brooks tremendous happiness and contribution as he goes forward. I'm really sorry to lose him as a part of our organization.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Nice story. It speaks to the quality of the guy and of the Kings organization as well.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Professional sports is a very fleeting career for most. Brooks is part of exceptional few to have a long career, but it's never easy for players to hang them up even when they're completely broken down and can't play, they still want to. Very bitter sweet. Kinda reminds me of the short story "A Piece of Steak" by Jack London. I think these are the most interesting of sports stories, how players handle the ends of their careers and where to go from there. Glad Brooks got to go out on a less sour note than he did with the Leafs.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Was sad and disappointed that the Kings terminated Brooks contract.Great veteran leadership and attitude is needed in the locker room.Instead we get stuck with Andy Andreoff.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Was sad and disappointed that the Kings terminated Brooks contract.Great veteran leadership and attitude is needed in the locker room.Instead we get stuck with Andy Andreoff.

No disrespect intended, but without any knowledge of what any of the players are like in the dressing room, how can you comment on their leadership abilities or attitude?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad