A novel look at Canada's Three Greatest Hockey Goals

PrimumHockeyist

Apr 7, 2018
hockey-stars.ca
In keeping with this board's description, "to boldly go where no one has gone before," I present some novel and perhaps provocative research. The question it makes me ask is not if one believes that all hockey goals always unfold randomly, or not. Rather, my bottom line question randomly generated trios of goals will display information that compares to what one sees in these goals scored by Henderson, Lemieux and Crosby goals at least 1 in 20 times, as this 5 percent threshold is what science's null hypothesis threshold requires to rule out chance or deem it unlikely.

Comparability is hard to define, the pretty straightforward when brought to light. Truly comparable details must be confined to data that hockey people deem significant and whose appearance is or appears to be improbable. Such details include things like final scores, game winning goals, and all-time records OR other significant details that hockey people borrow from wider culture, like birthdays or first and last things, etc.

That Canada's three greatest goals would display such information seems extremely improbable to me, for now, and all the more so when they are considered relationally, as one sees in the last of these four short essays.

Thanks to those of you who have helped me with this presentation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad