A little love from Alabama

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Have to come out and admit, I'm not from Ottawa, I'm not a dyed in wool Senators fan - but I hope y'all knock Boston out.

I lived in Connecticut for six years didn't like the Bruins before, and liked them less after living in CT and going to one of their games.

But I have liked your team for a long time, loved Alfredsson, was on a few of my fantasy hockey teams back in the day. Even have a McFarlane figure of him in my office, even had his t-shirt up until a few years back, and now I can't find it.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Appreciate the support but I must tell you that I rooted for Clemson back in January (just ignorantly assuming you cheer for the Tide, don't be afraid to tell me if I'm wrong).

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Appreciate the support but I must tell you that I rooted for Clemson back in January (just ignorantly assuming you cheer for the Tide, don't be afraid to tell me if I'm wrong).

hehe..so did I :)

I'm from New Orleans, GEAUX TIGERS!!

No idea how I got into hockey, just turned it on one Sunday and the Blackhawks were playing the Blues. Stan Mikita was still on the ice :)

Geez, I may be old :)

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Welcome! We love to have all the fans we can get! If you love the Sens, and hate the Leafs and Habs, you will fit in just fine around here. :)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Sign this man up for his complimentary Karlsson snus and kevlar sock. Welcome aboard.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

No idea how I got into hockey, just turned it on one Sunday and the Blackhawks were playing the Blues. Stan Mikita was still on the ice :)

I've been to New Orleans 3 times, and one of those times was this past December. I love that city. The food and the architecture, so good.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
I've been to New Orleans 3 times, and one of those times was this past December. I love that city. The food and the architecture, so good.

I miss the food, but lucky for me, we have some places in Huntsville (Hockey Capital of the South) with New Orleans food. Crazy enough - one of my big misses is snoballs. Not a snocone - this is much finer ice with better flavors. Placed opened up down here last summer, but it was just a food truck. I need them to find a new place soon.

I don't miss the heat, the traffic, the crime.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good stuff. Glad to see a hockey fan not only from Alabama but also one that roots for our team. Go Crimson Tide.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Be honest, how many bars in Alabama would have the tv tuned to a hockey game?

This is Huntsville, home of University of Alabama- Huntsville, former NCAA D2 Hockey national champions. So, probably Buffalo Wild Wings, but I'm not a bars kind of guy - growing up in New Orleans I drank all over the French Quarter - great way to spend college years.

I'm not a dyed in wool fan of any particular team - too distant from teams growing up, and honestly - one team I like, y'all don't. But what can I say, I am a Rush fan.

But, once again - loving that y'all beat Boston. Other than the Pats beating the Falcons (we hate them like you hate your neighbors to the east and west of you, but with more venom.)

Wife says she thinks my Alfredsson shirt is in my son's closet - he's moved to Chicago, so I will have to search the place.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Sticky this thread

You are crazy... but I like it.

Oh, another reason I like the Sens - Karlsson - obvious right, but my reason - not as obvious.

That move he made... proposing to his girlfriend with pizza was from my own heart. The best thing about living in Connecticut for six years was the pizza. Damn they've got great pizza on every corner. But he's the Norris Trophy winner for me. I am loving getting to watch him play on a regular basis.

My local is from Connecticut - he will put games on for me when I go in for my Saturday usual. Rangers fan- but he's not all bad. Makes a great pizza.

Keep on winning Sens!

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
You are crazy... but I like it.

Oh, another reason I like the Sens - Karlsson - obvious right, but my reason - not as obvious.

That move he made... proposing to his girlfriend with pizza was from my own heart. The best thing about living in Connecticut for six years was the pizza. Damn they've got great pizza on every corner. But he's the Norris Trophy winner for me. I am loving getting to watch him play on a regular basis.

My local is from Connecticut - he will put games on for me when I go in for my Saturday usual. Rangers fan- but he's not all bad. Makes a great pizza.

Keep on winning Sens!

Hmm, if the Sens and Rangers win their series, hopefully that doesn't create friction. lol

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

If you liked Stan Mikita and now like us outside of market we treasure you as a fan and you aren't too old.

I mean if you choose us over 30 teams... thanks.

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
It could be both of us. I put my Sens jersey on for the first time Friday.

Not gonna wear it tomorrow : )

Also I got a friend from southern Alabama cheering for Sens too last year. Maybe it will trend through the state!

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
HAHA!!!

Wore the shirt again today...

My pizza guy may spit on my pizza next week when I show up wearing a Senators t-shirt. (PS - I bought Rangers shirt to wear yesterday when we got our pizza, and he wasn't there... oh well.)

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
HAHA!!!

Wore the shirt again today...

My pizza guy may spit on my pizza next week when I show up wearing a Senators t-shirt. (PS - I bought Rangers shirt to wear yesterday when we got our pizza, and he wasn't there... oh well.)

I beg of you, wear that shirt every Sens game day. And don't wash it, at least not 'till the playoffs are over. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->