A little encouragement on what I readily admit could be the last day of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Exactly. Average age of team means very little. It's average age of the main contributors....ie Crosby and Malkin. Both are already in pt production decline and it's not going to get any better. Both have also had serious injuries throughout their careers. I'm just saying that I don't think this team has many more legitimate shots at a cup, or we shouldn't be expecting it anyways. Maybe next year, but after that.....no. We have **** for prospects ready to hand the torches over to. When does this team pick in the first round again? 2020?

Points_aging_1.png

The point decline can be seen across the NHL because they have let obstruction back into the league. They both finished in the top 10 in scoring (as did Kessel). Both were basically a point per game player in the last 2 runs. Crosby is damn near 2ppg this year and a gimpy Malkin is still at 1ppg. You're overreacting to nothing.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They're getting older. Their ppg will decline. No point in having denial over it, just enjoy these last couple of years. We'll be Vancouver with the old Sedins pretty soon.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
They're getting older. Their ppg will decline. No point in having denial over it, just enjoy these last couple of years. We'll be Vancouver with the old Sedins pretty soon.
I disagree slightly. We won't be Vancouver because Vancouver doesn't have three Cups in the past 9 years for their efforts.

We do, and you can't take that away.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
I'm proud to be a fan of this organization since 1988. Great team, looks like a nice mid-western kind of city. Five Stanley Cups is awesome considering teams like Caps and Blues still haven't seen one championship.

Some really great players over the years - Mario, Jagr, Stevens, Coffey, Francis, Ulf, Murphy, Barrasso, Rechhi, Tochett, Crosby, Malkin, Hornqvist, Neal, Kunitz, Martin, Fleury, Murray, Hagelin, Kessel and even Letang.

Besides the X-Gen years, this has always been an exciting team that plays hockey the way it should be played - skill, speed, precision. That's the DNA of Pittsburgh hockey. If all teams played this way the NHL would be a much more popular sport and on par with the NBA who take better care of their stars too.

Reactions: Whale Mingo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->