A guy who's extremely underrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
A guy who's extremely underrated around here for the 2004 draft that I'd like you to know about is... Stanislav Lascek.

He currently plays for the Chicoutimi Sagunéens in the QMJHL, and he's playing great hockey. He's got really good hands, great vision and passing skills. He's reliable defensively while not being the best and has a good work ethic. He's also a great team player who is loved by his teammates. His only downside is that he's nothing more than an average skater.

I think he's really underrated because I haven't seen him in anyone's top 100 list durign all the year, despite his great play in his first season in north-america. He had a slow start because of some problems with the transfer from his home country Slovakia, but he really came out strong when those problems were behind him, and right now he's one of the best player on the team.

Just wanted to point it out to you guys who make lists.

RMAC

Jan 28, 2004
You answered your own question :teach:
An "average" skater will never make anybody's top 100.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Hes a speed demon, when compariong him to Lascek.

Also its not only that Lascek isnt fast but hes a brutal all around skater.

When did you see him the last time?????? And 6'1" and 191Lbs it's small?????

No comparaison with players like Steber, Cabana and Laliberté!!!!!! Lascek is better no doubt. Laprise you can see good players outside of Halifax!!!! And he will be better next season than Picard this season (18 years old season).

Lascek is the best player with the team now and it's false that's he's slow. He improved his skating ability.

P.S. Look the games tonigt and tomorrow!!!!!

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
markov` said:
I think the better prospect to play with the Sags is Elayoubi, but Lascek is very good too. Verreault is another great forward...

Elayoubi will not be dressed for all the rest of playoff!!!! Very bad season for Elayoubi and he must have a great seson in 2004-05 to be in first 100 for the 2005 draft. Now he's a suspect not a prospect!!!!

Vearreault-Paul is too small at 5'7".

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Elayoubi won't make it. I know that it's not reliable and it's not something that will influnce much, but the guys just plain stupid. He already thinks that he's a Wayne Gretzky and that will make him miss the boat. He was IMO a top 10 talent for 2005, but he'll now have difficulty to even be drafted.

The guy has the talent, but he was never pushed around until he went in the Q. Once he was in the Q, he stopped producing and the management are really unhappy with his work. Such a waste of talent on a guy who's so stupid...

For Lascek, he really improved his skating since the start of the season. He's not that slow anymore, but it could still use alot of work anyway. But the guy is a great person and he'll give everything to get to the next level, you can just see how much he likes the game.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
markov` said:
I think the better prospect to play with the Sags is Elayoubi, but Lascek is very good too. Verreault is another great forward...
Yeah, you must not have seen the Sagueneens play this year. He's always in the press box (more like in the crowd), even when he wasn't injured. The coach doesn't want to play him, he's a liability. He doesn't give anything out there, and when he has the puck he tries finesse plays that don't work. I can't wait until next year to see what happens with him.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
rahan said:
Yeah, you must not have seen the Sagueneens play this year. He's always in the press box (more like in the crowd), even when he wasn't injured. The coach doesn't want to play him, he's a liability. He doesn't give anything out there, and when he has the puck he tries finesse plays that don't work. I can't wait until next year to see what happens with him.

It's sometimes difficult to call a prospect on his first season. From what I saw of Romi, he was a very hard worker and posesses a high level of skill... at least offensively. He does try to do too much on the finesse side of things, I totally agree there. But if he continues to work hard I'm sure good things will happen for him if he can bulk up.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
It's sometimes difficult to call a prospect on his first season. From what I saw of Romi, he was a very hard worker and posesses a high level of skill... at least offensively. He does try to do too much on the finesse side of things, I totally agree there. But if he continues to work hard I'm sure good things will happen for him if he can bulk up.

Dan.....hard worker , maybe one game at Halifax only!!!!!The team called up Ryan Spaulding from midget AAA to play ifront of Romy. Romy must change dramatically his work ethic and bulk a lot to have only a chance to be draft!!!!

My biggest deception this season!!!!! And maybe the worst first round draft pick (result in his first season) in the history of the team!!!

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Sag96 said:
Dan.....hard worker , maybe one game at Halifax only!!!!!The team called up Ryan Spaulding from midget AAA to play ifront of Romy. Romy must change dramatically his work ethic and bulk a lot to have only a chance to be draft!!!!

My biggest deception this season!!!!! And maybe the worst first round draft pick (result in his first season) in the history of the team!!!

I have no reason to doubt you, as you've obviously seen him more. But in his games in Halifax he was on par with our young guys. But his work ethic was strong, and he does have to bulk up for sure. Hopefully he comes around.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sag96 said:
When did you see him the last time?????? And 6'1" and 191Lbs it's small?????

No comparaison with players like Steber, Cabana and Laliberté!!!!!! Lascek is better no doubt. Laprise you can see good players outside of Halifax!!!! And he will be better next season than Picard this season (18 years old season).

Lascek is the best player with the team now and it's false that's he's slow. He improved his skating ability.

P.S. Look the games tonigt and tomorrow!!!!!

Are you on drugs? Lascek is 5'10 at most.

Steber is big and plays two ways and has speed.

Cabana is a **** disturber with good defensive ability and has great speed.

Laliberte is a complete player.

Points arent everything there Sags96.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
And i watched both games and Lascek was invisible. He did nothing and you could tell his skating was holding him back.

He is slow and small, and doesnt hit.

He may put up points in the Q, but he wont in higher leagues.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
La-La-Laprise, what do you think about Maxime Boisclair? He's 19 since a few months but has shown a lot this year. He's VERY physical, can protect the puck pretty well and can make some sick moves. I've seen him a lot this year and he's a crowd favorite because he gives it all. He's not the best guy around and is a bit old, but he has a lot of qualities. I would like the Habs to draft him with say, a 6th rounder.

lakings87

Jul 1, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
He has trouble skating and is small.

His skill set is nice though, but being small and slow doesnt help out the cause.
Even though I haven't seen him play, that is what they said about Luc Robitaille he's had an all right career I would say.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
lakings87 said:
Even though I haven't seen him play, that is what they said about Luc Robitaille he's had an all right career I would say.

is robitaille even small? Luc is like 6'00

Lascek is smaller than that and doesnt have the hands, plus Lascek is a very poor skater, youd need to see him play.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rahan said:
La-La-Laprise, what do you think about Maxime Boisclair? He's 19 since a few months but has shown a lot this year. He's VERY physical, can protect the puck pretty well and can make some sick moves. I've seen him a lot this year and he's a crowd favorite because he gives it all. He's not the best guy around and is a bit old, but he has a lot of qualities. I would like the Habs to draft him with say, a 6th rounder.

I never liked Boisclair since he came into the league. I just respected his game. He will never put up a lot of pts but he will play solid 2 way hockey and be physical.

I expected him to get drafted last year but he completly crapped out down the stretch.

He is a bgi kid, 6'00 197 and plays tough, also his skating and puck skills are decent. Good all around package.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
And i watched both games and Lascek was invisible. He did nothing and you could tell his skating was holding him back.

He is slow and small, and doesnt hit.

He may put up points in the Q, but he wont in higher leagues.

I watched the games too...i can say nothing against you . But the playoff is not over !!!!! It's wasn't good games for him.

For Steber don't forget he's is 18 . I'm agree he's a better hitter (30 hits in 69 games) than Lascek (19 hits in 57 games) ;) . I know , when a player can't put numbers on scoreboard you say he's a good 2 ways player. In 69 games.....31 pts and -26 , a good two ways player!!!!! He has been INVISIBLE and second half!

Cabana was in second season in the league like Cabana, look what they do at their first season!!!!!

For Lascek size http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index.php?page=8392&id_equipe=12 and now is 191 Pounds !!!!

Finally Lascek finish 10th in CHL ( points ) for rookies and he was in progression all season. But now it's too early to know who has the real value of him vs pros, only time will give us the right answer!!!!

thestonedkoala

Adam Courchaine I heard is a brutal skater but led the Giants in points...I wonder what his case is...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Steber was playing with 2 16 year old rookies who are very poor defensivly, and the Mooseheads allowed 100 more goals than they scored, you cant really look at +/- as the whole team had a bad +/-

Steber is big, and can skate and that makes him nice for pro scouts. Those are the facts.

Cabana is well liked by a lot of teams because he is a solid All-around player. he will never score a lot of points but he is there on the PK, and is already a leader despite being 17. And he was chosen to play on the U17 and U18 Canada teams and is the only QMJHL player on the U18 team so i think he is doing something right.

Players like Lascek come around too often. CHL scorers but they dont have anything attractive to offer to NHL scouts. Those are the facts.

And there is NO way Lascek is 6'01.

Chicoutimi also lists Verrault-Paul at 5'09 but he is 5'07, and Elayoubi at 6'00 when he is 5'10. So dont trust the sizes they list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->