A Fun Exercise- What kind of player they will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
EroCaps said:
Evgeny Malkin (PIT) - Beliveau

They maybe have the same style, but Malkin will never be close to be the next Jean Béliveau. You're talking about one of the 10 best player EVER, IMO he's 6th(Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Richard, Lemieux, Beliveau,Lafleur)

I'm not sure if someday Malkin will be one of 6th best player in the NHL ...

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Alexander Ovechkin (WSN)----Federov
Rotislav Klesla (CLB)----Ohlund
Evgeni Malkin (PIT)---- Havlat
Alex Perezhogin (MTL)----Samsonov
Ryan Suter (NSH)---- Leopold
Zach Parise (NJ)----Handzus
Shaone Morrisonn (WSN)---- Souray with a weaker shot
Cam Barker (CHI)----Zubov
Josef Balej (NYR)---- (Not sure... personally i dont like this guy at all... 3 liner probably)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kaizer said:
Zherdev will not be Fedorov and Ovechkin will not. Fedorov had won Selke trophy twice and scored more than 100 pts. that seasons. That's my opinion.

Ovechkin - Bure. Speed, wrist shot, puckhandling skills, size and style of play look very similar.
Malkin - Lecavalier. I've noticed it about year ago, after World Cup, that Malkin reminds me Vinny in all areas of the game.
I'm with you on these but must admit I have not seen that much of Ovechin and Malkin except for the World Juniors.

By the way, some here are comparing players that play different positions, should you not be comparing players that play the same position. Zherdev plays RW, Ovechin LW and Fedorov is a centre.

Kaizer, has Kaigorodov recovered from his surgery and do we know exactly what he had surgery for? I heard broken left arm and I also heard knee. Will he come to NA next season even if he has to play in Bingo?

stocktrader

EagleBelfour said:
They maybe have the same style, but Malkin will never be close to be the next Jean Béliveau. You're talking about one of the 10 best player EVER, IMO he's 6th(Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Richard, Lemieux, Beliveau,Lafleur)

I'm not sure if someday Malkin will be one of 6th best player in the NHL ...
Of Course not. Please be realistic people.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
pavel datsyuk said:
...and so is Iginla. Iginla is usually one of the fastest players on the ice.

Ovechkin beat out Kovalchuck at some RSL skating skills competition. Iginla is fast, but he's not Bure or Bondra (circa 1996-8) fast. AO can be. I don't think you classify Iginla w/those two. It's really marginal stuff.

Oilers1*

EroCaps said:
Ovechkin beat out Kovalchuck at some RSL skating skills competition. Iginla is fast, but he's not Bure or Bondra (circa 1996-8) fast. AO can be. I don't think you classify Iginla w/those two. It's really marginal stuff.

Iginla's got Messier-like balance on his skates, though. I'll take a guy who can corral the puck in traffic, shrug off a 230-pound defenseman and drive to the net at top speed like Iginla does, over a guy with a little extra zip racing around pylons.

Not saying that's what Ovechkin is, but if he'll be doing pretty good if he can do what Iginla does.

Oilers1*

EagleBelfour said:
Ryan Suter = Jeff Jilsson
Shaone Morrisonn = Christian Laflamme
These are suppose to be really great D prospect !

So were Andrei Zyuzin, Aki Berg, Nolan Baumgartner, Richard Jackman, Bryan Allen and, yes, Jeff Jillson at one point. Some prospects don't make it.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
10 ft. pole said:
Dustin Brown-Deadmarsh
Jeff Tambellini-50% Sakic 50% Bure but 3/4 as good as both.
Tim Gleason- Mini- Hatcher but not quite as dirty
Ya the dustin brown - deadmarsh i have heard a lot of yet never heard the Gleason Hatcher comparison.... As for Tambellini he has the fastest wrist shot i've seen in any prospect and amazing speed i like the comparisons you made hopefully he lives up to those

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Alexander Ovechkin (WSN) - Mike Modano, Ovechkin has all the traits that Modano had when playing great. Ovechkin has great wheels, strength and a great shot. Modano was a center so that messes the comparison up a bit but they are both built the same way for hockey.

Rotislav Klesla (CLB) - Very similar to Vladimir Malakhov, underated but also an underachiever. Both are big physical and have underated offensive skills.

Evgeny Malkin (PIT) - I just feel he plays alot like Victor Kozlov when Kozlov is playing at his best. He plays with an edge and is an amazing playmaker with a under used shot.

Alex Perezhogin (MTL) - When I think of Perezhogin I see Palffy alot. Both are quick snipers who can do alot with the puck.

Ryan Suter (NSH) - Wade Redden, will not make a mistake, solid in his own end, physical and dependable.

Zach Parise (NJ) - Doug Weight clone, I allways tried to compare him to Gilmour with less grit but that is exactly what Weight is. Both are amazing playmakers.

Myron Gaines*

Lou is God said:
Alexander Ovechkin (WSN) - Perhaps a Pavel Bure, a larger version.
Rotislav Klesla (CLB) - know nothing about.
Evgeny Malkin (PIT) - Joe Sakic
Alex Perezhogin (MTL) - Alexander Mogilny
Ryan Suter (NSH) - Brian Leetch
Zach Parise (NJ) - Mike York, but better offensivly
Shaone Morrisonn (WSN) - Adam Foote
Cam Barker (CHI) - Barry Beck
Josef Balej (NYR) - Really unsure about him, maybe Sergei Samsonov??
:clap:

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Talking about Ryan Suter = Jeff Jillson and Shaone Morrisonn = Christian Laflamme
Laraque27 said:
So were Andrei Zyuzin, Aki Berg, Nolan Baumgartner, Richard Jackman, Bryan Allen and, yes, Jeff Jillson at one point. Some prospects don't make it.

You're maybe right for Shaone Morrisonn, But I don't see Ryan Suter Being the next Jeff Jilsson ... Ryan Suter is an awesome prospect, and demonstrate alot already

Oilers1*

Just my personal, gut feeling on the guy. . .I know I'm (rightfully) in the minority and will most likely be wrong.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
octopi said:
Ovechkin is the second coming of Forsberg, Malkin the second coming of Mats Sundin's attitude with Jaromir Jagr's skills,
Phil Kessel is the next Pronger

Then theres always cloning :D
You should only use the term "second coming" to refer to religous matters
such as "Sidney Crosby is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky". :D

"Phil Kessel is the next Pronger". :dunno: I'm not sure if that was humour or
what it was exactly?

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Alexander Ovechkin (WSN) - Sergei Fedorov

Rotislav Klesla (CLB) - Brett Hedican

Evgeny Malkin (PIT) - Vincent Lecavalier

Alex Perezhogin (MTL) - Richard Zednik

Ryan Suter (NSH) - Mattias Ohlund

Zach Parise (NJ) - Scott Gomez

Shaone Morrisonn (WSN) - Dan McGillis

Cam Barker (CHI) - Wade Redden

Josef Balej (NYR) - Simon Gagne

Pascal Leclaire (CLB) - Martin Biron

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
You guys seem a little weird on Balej... ranging from Krivokrasov to Samsonov! He'll fall in between there. I think I even saw Perreault, and I won't touch that.

He's always been very accurately compared to Radek Dvorak with more offense... Gagne is a little more accurate, but Balej is even faster and might not be quite as good, but close. The poor AHL season doesn't really worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad