A few 2005 draftees info help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Im a pain in the ass i know.... i love hearing reports what can i say, i was wondering if i could get some help on a list of prospects and your personal takes on them:

Bobby Ryan
Gilbert Brule
Anze Kopitar
Brian Lee
Andrew Cogliano
Radek Smolenak
Jeff Frazze
Ondrej Pavelec
TJ Hensick
Mikko Lehtonen
Chris Lawrence
Chris Durrand
Perttu Lindgren
Sergei Kostitsyn
Daniel Ryder
Tom Fritsche
Michael Blunden
Vyacheslav Buravohikov (SP)
Vitaly Anikeenko

all i want is a overall report, where u see them going, SAFE / RISKY / BOOM OR BUST type of picks, stuff youd want to hear for a fantasy league... thanks a ton to whoever puts forth time and effort to help me out, i appriciate everyones help all the time :yo:

BHLCommish

Apr 9, 2004
Ryan- big, powerforward mould. He can really push people around and dominates with his size, played quite physical in the games I saw him. Has the very very rare ability to control the pace of the game. He's able to do this with his phenomenal puckhandling abilities. He's a really slick passer with great vision. A pretty good shot but could use improvement. The knock on his is his skating, but personally I don't think it's that bad, as he is fairly well balanced and hard to knock off the puck. I would take him 2nd only after Crosby.

Cogliano- probably the 2nd best skater in the draft behind Crosby, the kid can flat out fly. I've seen him a number of times and I disagree with people who say he is a good passer and finisher. His passing game is decent but not elite. The times I've seen him he really can't finish. Playing against junior A players his speed gets him a ton of chances, his goal totals are high, but for the amount of chances he gets he should have many more. His shot is fairly weak and his puckhandling isn't great. Personally I see a 3rd line future just based on his speed.

Ryder- very good skater and quite quick. Very solid puckhandler and quite a good passer. Shot and finishing ability could use work but it's not a weakness. The one thing about Ryder is that his defensive game is awesome. He's always breaking up plays in the defensive zone. I see him as maybe a Chris Higgins type player with a bit better passing.

Hensick- good name cause the guy has some sick skills. Maybe not the fastest top end speed, although he is fast, but what makes Hensick so dynamic is his shiftyness and quickness. Fabulous puckhandler and really really good passer. Again shot could use some work. He is very very skilled but there are definite questions about his size, strength, and ability to play in a physical game.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad