A concession to players, an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Guess with all the posts saying there may be announcement by tomorrow maybe they ade some head way on the 04-05 contract issue. I don't agree with having to extend the contracts but do think the owners can do something and give to the players. If the agreement is announced think the owners should take $70M from their warchest and give it to the players to divide by the 700 membership ($100,000 per). I know it's not the same as a 4-7million dollar contract but a good portion of the players didn't have a contract in the first place, another portion made some dollars playing elsewhere. This would be a good jesture by the owners to the players. I don't know how much is left in the owners warchest but from posts months ago didn't think the owners were dabbing much into it except for a few teams.
Just an idea.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Now why on earth should owners give money to players? A good gesture? I think owners are nice enough to let the players back on their payrolls to earn their still-bloated salaries.

NHLPA should distribute it's remaining warchest among players who earned under $500K last year, they are the ones who suffered the most.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Or they could give money to the waitresses who got fired, the team employees who were laid off, the vendors who had to find other 2nd jobs, the parking attendants, and all the other "regular" people the lockout affected. I think that would be a nicer gesture.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Pepper said:
I think owners are nice enough to let the players back on their payrolls to earn their still-bloated salaries.

Really?? Tell me again how no one on this board hates the players and don't think they are greedy. Tell me again and people aren't necessarily pro-owner but rather Pro-NHL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The NHL doesn't owe the players a thing. Players should put their skates on, shut up, and get ready to cash their still million dollar pay checks.

Lanny MacDonald*

No offense intended, but that's a stupid idea. Why should the owners "give" the players anything? The players have been in "take" mode for decade without any remorse to what their agents and union were doing to the financial well being of the game. The owners owe the players nothing at this point as they have been paid in spades. Its time to put the past behind and look forward to a new partnership, where everyone pulls in the same direction, earning their keep. I don't think wedding gifts are requirement on either side.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
ceber said:
Or they could give money to the waitresses who got fired, the team employees who were laid off, the vendors who had to find other 2nd jobs, the parking attendants, and all the other "regular" people the lockout affected. I think that would be a nicer gesture.

That's what I was thinking. Most of the NHLers after this lockout will have jobs, so they didn't lose a job because of this lockout. The team and NHL employees lost jobs because of the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->