joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
i'm having one right now watch.....

NHLPA offered a lowball at 25 mil

now if everyone spent 25mil it would be 750 mil salaries for all 30 teams :lol

joking aside....

NHLPA should do an offer of 45 and challenge it to a vote on the owners.. they only need 8...

Toronto,St.louis,Detriot,Dallas,Colorado,Philly,San Jose,NYRangers

done lets play hockey.... :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrong. They need 8 to veto it. They need 17 to make it happen.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
joepeps said:

joking aside....

NHLPA should do an offer of 45 and challenge it to a vote on the owners.. they only need 8...

They only need 8 owners +Bettman to sink a CBA, not ratify it.

:shakehead

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
joepeps said:

joking aside....

You don't understand how the voting system works obviously. If Bettman does not like the deal, all he needs is 8 people to overturn the vote. The other 16 teams would easily vote this down, as their pulse in the NHL depends on it. What the greedy owners should do is max at 42, salary floor at 30, and revenue share. But we all know that is not going to happen.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
joepeps said:
okay even if your right.. whats the problem???? the teams that can't spend it wont.... I dont;' see a problem :dunno:

It's the continuing escalation of salaries which will be brought upon arbitration where players will compare themselves to other players that are on teams in the high 49-52 million dollar payrange. That is where the problem lies.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Wrong. They need 8 to veto it. They need 17 to make it happen.

if they only need 8 to veto it, where do you get the number 17

30-8= 17??????

they need 23 to make it happen

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
chiavsfan said:
The most moronic idea in all of sports...taking one team's earned money...and giving it to another team that isn't pulling it in. GREAAAAAT idea. The only revenue sharing that the world needs is husbans giving up their hard earned money to their wives...(sorry honey)

Most people agree that the NFL is one of the greatest leagues in the world, if not the greatest, and they revenue share. Because they believe that its not a competition of businesses of the field, but a competition of management and players on the field. But if you were cheering or live in a big market city, I understand a comment like this.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
joepeps said:

joking aside....

W. the rollback, St. Louis is well below the a 42.5 million payroll. w./ the complaining from the Blues ownership about losing money, I don't think they would consider a veto.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
Like I said before on here, whatever Bettman decides he needs 8 to agree with what he wants, either way. It is a power voted to him, unanimously , by the owners , at the expiration of his past contract in order to retain his services as commisioner.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
chiavsfan said:
The most moronic idea in all of sports...taking one team's earned money...and giving it to another team that isn't pulling it in. GREAAAAAT idea. The only revenue sharing that the world needs is husbans giving up their hard earned money to their wives...(sorry honey)

Even if baseball had a cap, the Yankees would still have a huge advantage with no revenue sharing (drafting, signing, developing players). Of course the challenge is make sure that all teams are pulling their revenue weight. If they aren't then they should not be eligible for revenue sharing.

SENSible1*

handtrick said:
Wonder if Gary likes salt and peeper or a little ketchup on that crow that he is having for lunch today.....
I wonder is Gary will let Bob use KY when he bends him over.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I think Goodenow is waiting just to piss bettman off... offer 45 after rthe 11 deadline and gary has no option to accept.. or he wot get his impase or he will be fired... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->