_____ is good.

JamesBengt

Jan 5, 2009
Probably "KHL is good".

Or really, "that guy that didn't make the NHL 7 years ago that I laughed at for making the national team, is actually pretty decent". As in Weinhandl, Morozov etc

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Probably "KHL is good".

Or really, "that guy that didn't make the NHL 7 years ago that I laughed at for making the national team, is actually pretty decent". As in Weinhandl, Morozov etc

Yes.. Some people seem to believe that someone who didn't make, or wasn't impressive in the NHL at one point is automatically a "BUST", and that a player could never improve after leaving the NHL.

Chemical Dave

Dec 26, 2008
Niklas Backstrom will turn a lot of heads at this tournament, he reminds me a lot of Peter Forsberg. So strong on the puck, great hands, and exceptional passing and vision.

Also Patrice Bergeron, really aggressive, made a couple blind passes in the opener that backfired a bit, but by the end of the tournament no one will question his selection. Really plays his role too

As for the lesser known countries Mats Zuccarello Aasen(Sp?) really impressed me, real shifty and fast, and I only watched the first period of the Russia-Latvia game but Mikelis Redlihs really impressed me, he seemed to be going at a different speed than all of the Latvians, and blew by the Russian defense like they weren't even moving a few times.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Forsberg is good . Deserves to be mentioned since quite a few people seems to be of the opinion that he WAS good.

He'll prove the haters wrong yet again.

Noah23*

Zucharella-Aasen outperformed a lot of the Canadian sc superstars.

He'll be in the NHL next season.

Totally invisible against Norway, but still walked away with 2 assists.

LOL, assisting on all 3 of Jarome iginla's goals in invisible.... okay pal

hockey97*

Totally invisible against Norway, but still walked away with 2 assists.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure how you can say he was invisible against Norway, he had 3 assists, was a big reason why the Power play got going..Everytime he was on the ice he was making things happen..him and the Richard line was by far Canada's best players

Rust Cohle

Pessimist
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden
For me, its homerish but I think the nation will be exposed to how good Bobby Ryan really is.

Living in Europe and mostly watching Eastern Conference games I hadn't seen much of Bobby Ryan until yesterdays game against Switzerland. I really liked what I saw of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad