93 cup run on video?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
does anyone know where I could watch the 93 cup run, preferably in its entirety? I know there used to be a site a few years ago that sold dvds of games, but they got shut down. Can they be streamed from somewhere? Like an NHL archive or something?

Apr 28, 2010
does anyone know where I could watch the 93 cup run, preferably in its entirety? I know there used to be a site a few years ago that sold dvds of games, but they got shut down. Can they be streamed from somewhere? Like an NHL archive or something?

I understand now why people are saying Habs got lucky that year.

Multiple OT wins + didn't have to beat the Bruins and the Penguins to win the Cup.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Multiple OT wins + didn't have to beat the Bruins and the Penguins to win the Cup.

The other way to look at it is that the habs finished 6th in the league that year.... 2 points out of 4th overall.... With Roy having a poor year by his standards.

I was really relieved though that pittsburgh lost. It isn't uncommon for teams to get breaks matchup wise on their way to the cup. Heck, just look at this year. The caps avoided the best that the west had to offer, for example.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

How many games did we lose in all the playoffs? Like 4? How does this stack up with the average from cup winners? Luck plays a factor in all cup runs but that team was a complete team that played like a team.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I still have VHS tapes with the original HNIC broadcasts in my basement lol...
Yup, same here. I have the Cup clinching game from 1993 in it's entirety and the last 10 minutes or so of the clincher in 86 somewhere still in my parent's basement. This is why I still have my VCR stored in my basement. I wonder if it still works?!

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
How many games did we lose in all the playoffs? Like 4? How does this stack up with the average from cup winners? Luck plays a factor in all cup runs but that team was a complete team that played like a team.
Just imagine if Steve Smith hadn't scored on his own net in 86 and imagine if the NYI didn't beat Pitt in Game 7 in 93, there's a good chance we'd be in a 39 year drought had it not been for those two moments.

I still believe that the 1989 squad was the best team we've had in the past 30 some odd years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just imagine if Steve Smith hadn't scored on his own net in 86 and imagine if the NYI didn't beat Pitt in Game 7 in 93, there's a good chance we'd be in a 39 year drought had it not been for those two moments.

I still believe that the 1989 squad was the best team we've had in the past 30 some odd years.

How can you say that? We lost only 4 games all playoffs and that included losing the first two to Quebec. Maybe we lose to the Pens but our team was a very confident and a complete team that was very hard to beat.

Change good chance to a "possibility". Don't take anything away from that cup run or underestimate a confident and deep team. The 93 Habs were very hard to beat after they lost the first two to Quebec to start the playoffs.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yup, same here. I have the Cup clinching game from 1993 in it's entirety and the last 10 minutes or so of the clincher in 86 somewhere still in my parent's basement. This is why I still have my VCR stored in my basement. I wonder if it still works?!
If you plan on keeping them, I'd consider transferring them to digital format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->