9 Round Mock Draft. Drafting has started but GM's still needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
bit of a homer pick on my part, i am a huge sudbury wolves fan, season ticket holder for 5 years now, he is amazing to watch

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
djscooter said:
bit of a homer pick on my part, i am a huge sudbury wolves fan, season ticket holder for 5 years now, he is amazing to watch

What type of player would you compare him to? Strength and weaknesses? If you don't mind ;) I've just been reading about him, and he seems like a guy the NYR might be interested in, because they are going to need to go out and get a talented forward. Thanks

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think of him as a Lecaviller, with less of a good shot however, better moves and can hit great, his only problem is he has a preaty nasty temper, witch can help or hinder sometimes. i.e. gets high sticked, sometimes he will play with a fire inside hitting anything that moves and becomming very dominent or he sometimes just takes a stupid penalty

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
djscooter said:
I think of him as a Lecaviller, with less of a good shot however, better moves and can hit great, his only problem is he has a preaty nasty temper, witch can help or hinder sometimes. i.e. gets high sticked, sometimes he will play with a fire inside hitting anything that moves and becomming very dominent or he sometimes just takes a stupid penalty

If he's got Lecavalier skill with some fire and the ability to hit then he should be a hell of a player. Thanks for the first-hand info. It's hard to judge, because scouting reports make everyone sound awesome, then many people blast the guy for being underrated or say he's awesome without ever having seen him. One more question: Is he more of a playmaker, goal scorer, or kinda balanced? Thanks.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Hard to say as this was his first full season, however i would say 70%goals/30%playmaking. I could see his being a consitent 60-70pt 90-100 pim guy in the nhl, assuming he develops

CH Wizard

monster_bertuzzi said:
Bourdon came out of left field...

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Damn, I was in schock..when I saw that but hey...he's prolly' a big fan (or related to him) of Bourdon... :dunno: :confused:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
jtuzzi21 said:
What happens if Bertuzzi doesn't want to come back to the Canucks?

Bertuzzi is only available if I get a great deal for him. I'm not just going to trade him for a first rounder. I need a first round, franchise goalie, and two other picks or prospects to move Bertuzzi.

Cloutier is available for picks or another goalie

Last edited:

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
Willing to deal any of these picks
Round 3
75. Edmonton Oilers (COM)
93. Edmonton Oilers (PHI)
and any pick after these two

if we can trade roster players i am willing to move
pretty much anyone on the team except
hemsky
brewer
smith
conklin(unless lundqvist, toivunen, nittymaki are invloved)

Last edited:

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
Hedberg16 said:
What happens if Bertuzzi doesn't want to come back to the Canucks?

Bertuzzi is only available if I get a great deal for him. I'm not just going to trade him for a first rounder. I need a first round, franchise goalie, and two other picks or prospects to move Bertuzzi.

Cloutier is abailable for picks or another goalie
I think thats pushing it for bertuzzi. maybe a good goalie and a pick or a top notch goalie propect plus a first

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
heatley wanted said:
I think thats pushing it for bertuzzi. maybe a good goalie and a pick or a top notch goalie propect plus a first
Yes that is a little high, but I'm not parting with him otherwise. Although I would trade him if I get a great offer

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
hey everyone.. havent been on much but im good to go now..

Kopitar has to be the guy for Atlanta

: The Atlanta Thrashers are proud to select Anze Kopitar with their first round selection... :handclap:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I will be away this weekend leaving around 4 pm today and back sometime Sunday night late. If you all can just keep making selections and if someone goes over their six hours do the consensus thing, I will update the front page when I'm back.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Cup4Wings said:
I will be away this weekend leaving around 4 pm today and back sometime Sunday night late. If you all can just keep making selections and if someone goes over their six hours do the consensus thing, I will update the front page when I'm back.

Ok, cool. If you get a chance just delete the persons name on the front page thats drafting now that way people don't login and just think it's not their turn.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
jumptheshark said:

30hours

and only 6 picks

If you all wanted to get me your top pick lists, then we could change the drafting time allowence to 1 hr per pick. Let me know and if you could get me your lists over the weekend? :dunno:

Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad