Prospect Info: #9 Prospect

#9 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Blomqvist wins #8 with a sufficient amount of votes. I initially considered doing a run-off, but Blomqvist got a higher vote% than Broz did at #7, so I figured it was okay to give Blomqvist #8.

1. Poulin (53%)
2. POJ (74.4%)
3. Hallander (48.3%)
4. Legare (24.7% in first poll, 43.8% in runoff)
5. Clang (33.3%)
6. Zohorna (30.7%)
7. Broz (28.8%)
8. Blomqvist (29.2%)

I recall some advocating for Svejkovsky in past polls, so I added him to this poll here. Any other suggestions for future polls would also be welcomed.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went O'Connor. There's three guys left whose record shows they could be interesting pros real soon in DOC, Puustinen, and Lindberg, and since DOC is the one whose done it in the AHL and is closest to NHL ready I went with him.

Next add... here's the guys currently not on the poll

G: D'Orio
D: Almari, Laatsch, Philips, Airola, Belliveau, McCleary
F: Caulfield, Gorman, Yoder, Ansons, Drozg, Almeida, Tankov

I think Almari next? Out of the AHL playing guys, he's the one with the most org hype on him. I think I'd vote him for him after the guys not on the board and after that (which would be 20), I think probably the tank commander...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DOC lovers—Pensburgh just placed him #12 on the list of prospects…I don’t know whether that’s a sure sign he’s our best prospect or they’re closer to correct lol…

PensBurgh Top 25 Under 25: #12 - Drew O’Connor

Why do we give a shit about what Pensburgh says :laugh:

They have Maniscalco above O'Connor as far as I can tell, so I'm really not seeing a reason why we should think they're credible.

Their top-11 looks like it will be Marino, Poulin, POJ, Hallander, Legare, Clang, Blomqvist, Lindberg, Broz and Puustinen with one mystery name, and based on Maniscalco not appearing anywhere else, I'm willing to bet that Maniscalco is that mystery name.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

They have Maniscalco above O'Connor as far as I can tell, so I'm really not seeing a reason why we should think they're credible.

Their top-11 looks like it will be Marino, Poulin, POJ, Hallander, Legare, Clang, Blomqvist, Lindberg, Broz and Puustinen with one mystery name, and based on Maniscalco not appearing anywhere else, I'm willing to bet that Maniscalco is that mystery name.

yeah, agree, that one’s perplexing…I’d even have Lee over Maniscalco….they’re looking at age, not Calder consideration, but if you substitute Marino with Zohorna, you have the right top 10 prospects imo in some order

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

They're not.

But then, neither are we :laugh:

And, since I reckon you're right with that read, we're basically going to have the same top 10 as them give or take (obvs remove Marino as he doesn't count for our exercise and they don't have Zoho) minus a high ranking for Maniscalco that I have to admit I'm now looking forwards to reading.

To get back to Andy's point, much as I enjoy arguing about these things into silly level of detail, the difference between where we're probably placing him and where they're placing him is pretty darn academic, and if we were to do this in tiers we'd probably put him in the same tier... whatever happens next, the prediction's pretty much the same.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They're not.

But then, neither are we :laugh:

And, since I reckon you're right with that read, we're basically going to have the same top 10 as them give or take (obvs remove Marino as he doesn't count for our exercise and they don't have Zoho) minus a high ranking for Maniscalco that I have to admit I'm now looking forwards to reading.

To get back to Andy's point, much as I enjoy arguing about these things into silly level of detail, the difference between where we're probably placing him and where they're placing him is pretty darn academic, and if we were to do this in tiers we'd probably put him in the same tier... whatever happens next, the prediction's pretty much the same.

Oh yeah I agree, my point was moreso that the lists are incredibly similar, so I don't see why we should doubt what people here think just because someone on Pensburgh thinks something different.

I also entirely agree that I'd put Lee over Maniscalco at this point. If they had Lee over O'Connor, I'd disagree but it's not egregious, because I have Lee at about 11. But Maniscalco? He's a good bit lower as of right now, just because he did borderline nothing in his first pro year last year.

Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Oh yeah I agree, my point was moreso that the lists are incredibly similar, so I don't see why we should doubt what people here think just because someone on Pensburgh thinks something different.

I also entirely agree that I'd put Lee over Maniscalco at this point. If they had Lee over O'Connor, I'd disagree but it's not egregious, because I have Lee at about 11. But Maniscalco? He's a good bit lower as of right now, just because he did borderline nothing in his first pro year last year.

Dude, nevermind Lee, what about Reilly? Guy just spent his first pro year very firmly in front of Maniscalco.

Actually, it could be Almari and not Maniscalco. That'd make a ton more sense, although still be a bit puzzling.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
@Empoleon8771 I know you said you might end it around 15 or something, but I vote we should go to 20 for the lols

Yeah I think Randy and Peat convinced me pretty early that it's worthwhile to go to 20.

Their 1-11 looks really solid IMO, and there's a decent collection of guys after that too.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've only recently just completed my prospects spreadsheet and haven't posted the overall grades anywhere. In it DOC is a 42.61 and Puustinen is a 40.60 overall (out of 100).

And Lindberg as a 45.34 but that's neither here nor there.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
n2wESQp.gif

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad