GDT: 9/30/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville [Preseason Game 7]

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Didn't see the game, but read through the thread. Seems like mostly positives.

...WTF is Callahan doing blocking shots in a preseason game? Coop should've sent him to the lockerroom whether he was limping or not.

Hoping for a big year from Kucherov.

Killorn will now start the regular season scoreless in his first four games. Wait, he scored last game? Make it six games.

How's Brayden Point looking? Haven't really heard much about him throughout camp.

Not sure about Point. I tried to watch but damn stream wouldn't work. And if Killorn scored twice then you had it right. It'll be 4 games. .500 average ya know lol

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Point looked quick, but his hockey IQ isn’t there yet. He’s still young.

I thought it was interesting that serge got 20:00 and both dotchin and kk were around 13.

Almost like everything was already decided

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Point looked quick, but his hockey IQ isn’t there yet. He’s still young.

I thought it was interesting that serge got 20:00 and both dotchin and kk were around 13.

Almost like everything was already decided

Some preseason carelessness? His IQ seemed miles ahead of his body last year. Maybe the league knows who he is now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
...WTF is Callahan doing blocking shots in a preseason game? Coop should've sent him to the lockerroom whether he was limping or not.

I think he was trying to create some intensity and energy for his team which has been lacking most of last season and this preseason. I was not crazy about it since it's preseason and after having a strong preseason, last thing he needs is to get hurt again. I believe his efforts were well appreciated by Coop and if you listen to his post game he wanted him to save it for the games that count. So he benched him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think he was trying to create some intensity and energy for his team which has been lacking most of last season and this preseason. I was not crazy about it since it's preseason and after having a strong preseason, last thing he needs is to get hurt again. I believe his efforts were well appreciated by Coop and if you listen to his post game he wanted him to save it for the games that count. So he benched him.
Well, Cally is always giving his best no matter whether it's a game 7 or preseason. Which sadly with his play style, leads to injuries. Probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but with a couple of poor seasons in terms of production you know he wants to show Cooper he can still be useful. Let's just hope he gets to play at least a somewhat healthy season.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Some preseason carelessness? His IQ seemed miles ahead of his body last year. Maybe the league knows who he is now.

I mostly mean, he was kind of slow in decision making. More of killorn than a kucherov, if you will.

I don’t think it was indicative of anything. And maybe it was just because he is still playing with and against the best in the world.

I’m stoked for the kid. Hope he pots a bunch this year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Point's hockey IQ is what he was lauded for. I personally think Point thinks the game at a very, very high level. Its one of his strengths...so I don't know where the comment that he has a low hockey IQ comes from. Kid has been a captain everywhere he has played including the U20 Canadian National team. He plays a two way game and he is able to keep up with Stamkos and Kucherov. Yeah, not buying that he has a low hockey IQ at all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->