GDT: 9/22/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Much of the Killorn hate is unwarranted here. Not every player can be a Stamkos or Kuch. As IO think back many many of Killorns big moments have been when when the big guns are struggling to hit the net. You need those guys on a team. Is he going to pot 30 probably never but he has been reliable for 15 to 19 each year and 40 points. Is he overpaid well perhaps some for that production. he can still play anywhere in the top 9 when needed. Not every player is a future 30 goal guy don't ya think we have enough of them. If the forwards stay healthy the only thing that may hinder this team from playing in the finals is D and goaltending. I love Vasy but im still not 100% he can shoulder the load for a full season. Im ready for the regular season don't know how much more Coop can learn from the young kids before they are sent down, get the everyday guys up to speed before opening day and lets get this started.

Nice strawman. No one is saying he needs to be Kucherov or Stankos. He sucks.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'm ready to be disappointed for when Cernak doesn't make the team. His area of the ice was a dead zone for Nashville all night, his tape to tape first passes were great, and his shots are hard and accurate. Paired with Sergachev, he can cover his more aggressive mistakes. There is your #3 and #4 for the next decade.

Was disappointed in a favorite of mine, Spencer. He's swiss cheese defensively and timid offensively. Needs a lot of time in Syracuse.

I was very impressed with Cernak. His reading of the play and positioning was really good. Like you said, his passing and shots were really solid. Physically, he seemed more like a man playing with other men than a kid trying to keep up with the big guys. I really liked what I saw of him in Development Camp and his preseason performance just reinforced that early good impression of his ability. I think Serg needs a good steady, defensively solid partner to flourish and Cernak would fit the bill.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Much of the Killorn hate is unwarranted here. Not every player can be a Stamkos or Kuch. As IO think back many many of Killorns big moments have been when when the big guns are struggling to hit the net. You need those guys on a team. Is he going to pot 30 probably never but he has been reliable for 15 to 19 each year and 40 points. Is he overpaid well perhaps some for that production. he can still play anywhere in the top 9 when needed. Not every player is a future 30 goal guy don't ya think we have enough of them. If the forwards stay healthy the only thing that may hinder this team from playing in the finals is D and goaltending. I love Vasy but im still not 100% he can shoulder the load for a full season. Im ready for the regular season don't know how much more Coop can learn from the young kids before they are sent down, get the everyday guys up to speed before opening day and lets get this started.

Well just like the Stamkos and Callahan hate, the contract factors a lot into people's feelings. I don't think people would mind as much if he made like a million less and was only signed for a couple more years. Then again, if Coop keeps playing him in the top 6 that's also irritating in its own right.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Killorn as a top six isn't the end of the world. Vlad was probably **** on just as much on here last season, I recall the phrase "tunnel vision" being used a lot, and now everyone wants him with Kucherov and Stamkos because of this supposed chemistry.

Kucherov and Stamkos playing together will make the third wheel look like an all-star. If it wasn't for how much Kucherov has been vocal about playing with Vlad, I'd probably rather Killorn on that line. He's the better passer of the two.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Killorn is what he is. He'll pot 15 goals and 40 points automatically and he plays pretty good defense. He makes about 500k too much for about 3 years too long. Not the end of the world. He is the kinda guy you take for granted until you don't have him anymore.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Pretty surprised by the reports on Peca so far in camp. After a pair of so-so seasons in Syracuse, wasn't expecting him to stand out so much.

How was he on draws last year? Things get interesting if he bumps Dumont. Then suddenly we could play Point on W and still have an effective 3C (or use Peca on the wing and have Point as 3C -- Great triple threat down the middle), with Paquette playing 4C.

44.4% in 10 nhl games last year.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A little cute Kucherov story from last night's warm ups. He was playing with a puck by the glass and a group of three kidlets were bouncing up and down in total squeezing happiness at the sight. Okay, so I was too. lol So a smiling Kuch took the puck he was bouncing on the end of his stick and tossed it over the glass. It bounced off a boy's head and into the hands of another kid who was thrilled to get it. The kid who got bonked wasn't too happy and was rubbing his forehead where the puck hit and Kuch, seeing what happened, came over with another puck. He indicated to those of us next to the kid that this one was for the bonked boy and tossed it over. The boy's big sister caught it and handed it to the kid who grinned from ear to ear. Kuch saw the boy got it, grinned and nodded at us before skating away.

To opponents he may be a Stone Cold Russian Assassin, who almost never smiles unless he's sniping a goal past you, but to a little boy last night, he was a thoughtful, smiling, sweetheart of a player. :heart:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
A little cute Kucherov story from last night's warm ups. He was playing with a puck by the glass and a group of three kidlets were bouncing up and down in total squeezing happiness at the sight. Okay, so I was too. lol So a smiling Kuch took the puck he was bouncing on the end of his stick and tossed it over the glass. It bounced off a boy's head and into the hands of another kid who was thrilled to get it. The kid who got bonked wasn't too happy and was rubbing his forehead where the puck hit and Kuch, seeing what happened, came over with another puck. He indicated to those of us next to the kid that this one was for the bonked boy and tossed it over. The boy's big sister caught it and handed it to the kid who grinned from ear to ear. Kuch saw the boy got it, grinned and nodded at us before skating away.

To opponents he may be a Stone Cold Russian Assassin, who almost never smiles unless he's sniping a goal past you, but to a little boy last night, he was a thoughtful, smiling, sweetheart of a player. :heart:

That's great to hear. That may seem like a small thing but I'm sure it meant a lot for the kid and it probably makes it much more probable he will want to come back for another game. Kuch also probably got a new fan last night.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

It was a good cover on a botched assassination attempt.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Nashville board was talking about Peca and how they wanted him on their team. Sounds like he had a hell of a game. Wonder what lines look like if he makes it.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Not that anyone cares, but yesterday was a good day:

9:00 a.m. I finally opened letter from FL Supreme Court (expecting bad news) turns out I passed the Bar Exam! (unexpected; was the hardest test I could ever have even dreamed of).
3:00 p.m. Officially sworn in by my favorite judge at the Hills Co Courthouse.
5:00 p.m. Go to office to shake hands & change into my Bolts attire.
6:00 p.m. Celebration drinks at Yeomans down the street. BIG Lightning crowd there.
7:30 p.m Walk into Amalie Arena; walking down to seat in 110 just as Hedman scores first goal! (said to my GF, "pinch me, this can't all be happening, its tooo good")
9:45 p.m. Bolts win! Bolts win! Bolts win! (and no injuries!)
(side note: it was also my Bday, but I hate Bdays, so didn't really even want to mention that)

All in all, one helluva day. Bolts looked GOOD last night. I don't care what anyone else says, it's a long season ahead, they are just turning on the engine now as a team; warming it up. They'll finalize roster soon, blend or mesh together, and this "should be" one exciting season ahead of us. Lightning is going to strike this year!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

9:00 a.m. I finally opened letter from FL Supreme Court (expecting bad news) turns out I passed the Bar Exam! (unexpected; was the hardest test I could ever have even dreamed of).
6:00 p.m. Celebration drinks at Yeomans down the street. BIG Lightning crowd there.
7:30 p.m Walk into Amalie Arena; walking down to seat in 110 just as Hedman scores first goal! (said to my GF, "pinch me, this can't all be happening, its tooo good")
(side note: it was also my Bday, but I hate Bdays, so didn't really even want to mention that)

All in all, one helluva day. Bolts looked GOOD last night. I don't care what anyone else says, it's a long season ahead, they are just turning on the engine now as a team; warming it up. They'll finalize roster soon, blend or mesh together, and this "should be" one exciting season ahead of us. Lightning is going to strike this year!

bolts are looking great first training camp in a while that I have see with very few injuries every one has a jump

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Grats on passing the bar. I heard Florida's c&f is kind of a pain.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

That is a HELL of a good day. Well done. Congratulations!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
It was a good cover on a botched assassination attempt.

LOL I should have known! ;)

That is one FANTASTIC day!! Congratulations!!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Congrats on passing the bar! And happy belated birthday!

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Thanks all.

What did everyone think of Stamkos' skating last night? Looked pretty darn good to me. After his first shift I think I forgot all about the knee injury. He was flying out there.

Kuch looked like he's going for the "lumberjack" look now or something. Maybe he's going for the Jagr mullet and a Thornton beard.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thanks all.

What did everyone think of Stamkos' skating last night? Looked pretty darn good to me. After his first shift I think I forgot all about the knee injury. He was flying out there.

Kuch looked like he's going for the "lumberjack" look now or something. Maybe he's going for the Jagr mullet and a Thornton beard.

Looked like old Stamkos to me. However, it was basically against an AHL team. I would've been alarmed if we saw anything else. I'm trying not to read too much into it. As for Kuch... whatever makes him better has my vote. Wanna grow a Thornton beard? Be my guest lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Killorn as a top six isn't the end of the world. Vlad was probably **** on just as much on here last season, I recall the phrase "tunnel vision" being used a lot, and now everyone wants him with Kucherov and Stamkos because of this supposed chemistry.

Kucherov and Stamkos playing together will make the third wheel look like an all-star. If it wasn't for how much Kucherov has been vocal about playing with Vlad, I'd probably rather Killorn on that line. He's the better passer of the two.

huh? That's cause there's no better choice because of the chemsitry he sucks on his own but at least with them he provides something. If he faulters they'll just replace him with another plug, like you said it doesn't really matter who the 3rd person is on that line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Vlad does have tunnel vision. You can put whoever you want next to a pair of 40 goal scorers and they'll put up the odd point.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
About what I expected of Serg. Main takeaways are Cally looked like the Cally we hope will showup for whole season and Stammer is back. Kunitz made a few nice plays but doesn't look comfortable in our lineup yet. Other than that the usual rusty play I expected for preseason.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
huh? That's cause there's no better choice because of the chemsitry he sucks on his own but at least with them he provides something. If he faulters they'll just replace him with another plug, like you said it doesn't really matter who the 3rd person is on that line.

I was just pointing out that it's funny that a guy who saw so much **** on this board last season, especially in regards to his on ice awareness and vision, is the guy everyone wants with our two best forwards and 40 goal scorers. Just an observation.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I don't get the hate for Vlad. Kid's got shuffled up and down the lineup all season long last year. At WC he had a steady line and surprise, he produced, had chemistry, looked good. About time Cooper just sticks with his lines for more than a game. 90 and 86 always had chemistry, 90 didn't look out of place with 91, yet it took Cooper an entire season and watching Russia at WC to put him with 86 and 91.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't get the hate for Vlad. Kid's got shuffled up and down the lineup all season long last year. At WC he had a steady line and surprise, he produced, had chemistry, looked good. About time Cooper just sticks with his lines for more than a game. 90 and 86 always had chemistry, 90 didn't look out of place with 91, yet it took Cooper an entire season and watching Russia at WC to put him with 86 and 91.

He started out with them last season..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->