GDT: 9/22/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Peca and Dumont make the team than Syracuse is screwed down the middle. Peca being waiver exempt makes me think he goes down to start. He could make it as the 4C with Dumont on the wing but taking all the draws. Would think Paquette makes it over Brown and Brown won't clear waivers, need to look for trade options for him to get an AHL center.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Great pass by Vasy to Kuch, would have been awesome if he could have scored.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Boooo - and some awful in zone coverage there. Don't know if it was Thomas or someone else.

Edit: Looks like Joseph missed the assignment. Was puck watching.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
God I swear Killorn is the weakest guy on his skates in the ****ing league.

I was hoping that last season was an exception and not his new norm but now I'm getting affraid that his first couple of season were the exception and last season is the norm. I'm going to wait and hope that it isn't and we get the guy we need and pay for back.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Why have the top line + Hedman out there with 20 seconds left when there's going to be a ton of shots heading toward the net (and expectations to block them)? I don't want to see Hedman break his hand or someone to take a shot on their ****ing ankle in a preseason game.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Played with fire there at the end but it was an ok game, some good stuff and some less then good stuff that needs to be worked on but also with the team not being complete it could be that.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Good game, excited for hockey to be back. Was fun watching cally and stammer back on the ice. Have they talked about captains and assistants yet?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Peca is my first star. He was great out there. Callahan had a solid game. Walcott was a guy who surprised me with a pretty solid game as well.

My goats are Killorn and Kucherov (2 points notwithstanding). But with Kucherov he was just going 100% offense and kinda messing around, so I'm not bothered. Killorn was more of the same from last season. Joseph was up and down - thought he had some solid moments but also some moments where he didn't look very good.

Breakouts were definitely an issue for all the Dmen and forwards in this game. Maybe it's a system thing but forwards were not looking ready to receive passes, and a lot of passes were just off the mark.

Sergachev was... kinda good and bad. Sometimes he kinda looks like he isn't skating that hard, or drifting, and I think I caught him puckwatching a little too much when Cernak had his guy. Positionally I think he was good though - always in the right spots, and jumped into the play well a few times. Had a nice big hit along the boards and I really liked his backcheck to break up the rush after his shot was blocked. He's a bit raw though, and I want to see him against better competition. Cernak also looked pretty good, btw.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Good game, excited for hockey to be back. Was fun watching cally and stammer back on the ice. Have they talked about captains and assistants yet?

I mean - Stamkos is the Captain. As probably aren't different from last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad