GDT: 9/20/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina [Preseason Game 2]

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What Drouin drama? He went back to jr's as an 18 year old, played center and ripped the Q, there was no drama, we knew he was making the team as a 19 year old anyways.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/mooseheads/1157662-drouin-had-no-clue-he-d-be-cut-from-lightning
The 18-year-old winger said he was blindsided when the Tampa Bay Lightning reassigned him to Halifax on Sunday and is clearly still processing the huge personal disappointment.

“I had no clue, really,” Drouin said during a skate at the Metro Centre on Monday afternoon. “Obviously I knew the lineup was stacked at forward. Maybe that was a little indication I was coming back but I didn’t really get a heads-up until Sunday morning when (Tampa general manager) Steve (Yzerman) called me to the office.

“Obviously it was devastating in a way. You want to make the team as quick as possible. But there’s a lot of years in front of me, one year’s not going to change much. It’s disappointing but I’ve got to move on and help the team win another championship.”

He also like many kids, Serg included, didn't get over the disappointment and didn't play well right away going back to juniors and just went through the motions a while before being motivated to pick it up again.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Namestnikov Stamkos Kucherov
Palat Johnson Point
Killorn Gourde Callahan
Kunitz Dumont Erne
Paquette

Hedman Dotchin
Koekkoek Stralman
Coburn Sergachev
Girardi

Sustr waived

I don't see it working out like that but it's how I would like to see it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why bother putting LHS on the Right side when we have 4 RHD and you know both Cooper and Yzerman prefer balanced D?

Also ****ing LOL at Koekkoek in the top 4.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He also like many kids, Serg included, didn't get over the disappointment and didn't play well right away going back to juniors and just went through the motions a while before being motivated to pick it up again.

That's not exactly drama there was no animosity between management and player because he was sent back down, of course there was character discussions but he quickly put that away. Not sure how this case is an argument for keep Serg? We're not going to keep him up so he doesn't cry.

I'm pretty sure the other poster was referring to Drouin going to the AHL which started the roller-coaster of event, but that a completely different scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad