GDT: 9/19/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nice to see Foote (21:56) & Hajek (19:57) saw the most ice time. Both players should be on their way back to the WHL some time soon, and this was a good experience to take with them as they start their seasons.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Goons (Baby I Need It All) by Mona. https://t.co/HeEq7A2ouS

I sincerely hope not. Yet I don't think I would be surprised.Go to a game and much of it is pop music for the kids and the organist playing If I were a rich man. We've got exactly one hype song... Thunderstruck by AC/DC and it's arguably the most overplayed song ever and everyone has heard it so many times that they're desensitized. That or GNR's Welcome To The Jungle and that suffers the same problem

All said I would not consider the Lightning to be a team with a very sharp taste in music

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Is the NHL pushing another crackdown or is this just a coincidence?

Listening to the radio broadcast last night and they were very clear about why there are so many penalties being called. They overcall it during pre-season so that players can adjust to any changes in rules before the actual season starts.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
From what I saw, Foote and Hajek were the best Dmen on the ice for this game. Hajek was a bit nervous at first, but got better and better as the game went on.

Foote is something special. He's not as flashy as some dmen but he's got solid positioning, good passing, reads the plays very well and has pretty amazing poise for his age/experience.

If Sergachev is an aggressive baby version of Hedman, then Foote almost looks like a baby version of Strålman, at least from a calm, smart, poised point of view. :D

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
From what I saw, Foote and Hajek were the best Dmen on the ice for this game. Hajek was a bit nervous at first, but got better and better as the game went on.

Foote is something special. He's not as flashy as some dmen but he's got solid positioning, good passing, reads the plays very well and has pretty amazing poise for his age/experience.

If Sergachev is an aggressive baby version of Hedman, then Foote almost looks like a baby version of Strålman, at least from a calm, smart, poised point of view. :D

IMO Sosunov then Foote then Hajek. Hajek was a bit too inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad