Prospect Info: #88 Keith Petruzzelli - signs with marlies

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I was surprised the Wings waited so late in the third round to pick a goalie. Especially since their earlier picks almost all seemed like 'reaches.' I thought they would use their first or second third round pick to address this huge need. However, I was happy that they could still get a goalie prospect like Petruzzelli so late in that round.

This could be their best selection of 2017. I'm not chancing that it was a good pick in general, but I think it was a good pick for the end of the third round, and it does look like Petruzzelli has some potential.

Zorin

Sep 2, 2002
Germany
www.krefeld-penguins.de
I like this pick a lot. Coreau is not very athletic, Paterson is in the ECHL and our other prospect is playing in a Swedish Jr. league Pottelberghe.
Not to put any pressure on this kid but we really need him to be a NHLer.

Pottelberghe is starter or co-starter for a top-Team in the pretty strong Swiss league. Not swedish juniors.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He ended up stopping 27/28 for a 4-1 USA win vs Finland

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Pottelberghe is starter or co-starter for a top-Team in the pretty strong Swiss league. Not swedish juniors.

Not even really a co-starter. He made only half the starts compared to the other goalie (34 vs. 17) and made none of the starts during playoffs.

Filip Larsson was one who played Swedish juniors. His stats were good in that league, lots left to prove however.

He ended up stopping 27/28 for a 4-1 USA win vs Finland

Keith was probably my favourite pick in this years draft. All the raw tools, could be a good one.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Yep. My gut feeling is Larsson-Eliasson future swedish combo.

With Eliasson's season performance and potential, this is the timeline I see happening. I don't see Brattstrom being a future starter (back-up or AHL starter at best). Not sure about Petruzzelli, but I believe Larsson is further in his development.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What are the chances he get signed for next year and play for Grand Rapids?
He played well for Quinnipiac. I was trying to find news about his career but found nothing. Will there be NCAA Hockey for him to return for his senior year? Does he have anything left to prove as an amateur? I'd like to see him given a shot in Grand Rapids.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What are the chances he get signed for next year and play for Grand Rapids?
Well he'd be going into his Senior year of college, from what I'm reading the ECAC is slated to be start up in October with teams recently announcing their schedule.

I can imagine there being uncertainty for certain NCAA players at this point so I'm not sure if he'd be willing to go to GR or not.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Max Bultman
25m
Red Wings prospect Keith Petruzzelli is a Mike Richter Award finalist as College Hockey's top goalie. He recently told me he hopes to sign with Detroit after this season
Pretty sure we'll be signing him, unless we've somehow come across 4 goaltending prospects who will all be vying for an NHL job in the next couple of years.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Awesome, glad he wants to continue onto Detroit. I know a lot of people were worried after his first year in Quinnipac but that's just goalies. He's looking great now and I'm hopeful for his future in Detroit.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Strictly stat watching but he's had some stinkers against Colgate. Seems like his stats are skewed by playing a limited number of teams this season.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Strictly stat watching but he's had some stinkers against Colgate. Seems like his stats are skewed by playing a limited number of teams this season.
Yeah that's why Im really looking forward to see him in the tourney. To me Larsson had a better year for Denver and he just got lit upped in the Danish league, yikes.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Dont know where else to put it, but I hope the wings have been watching some of Kieth's teammates they are some really interesting good little players and Q-pac. My personal fav is Ethan De Jong, Odeen Tufto is a great playmaker, but is too similar to a guy like Hirose.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah that's why Im really looking forward to see him in the tourney. To me Larsson had a better year for Denver and he just got lit upped in the Danish league, yikes.
Larsson and Fulcher are done, might as well sign this kid to an ELC since they have space.

I guess Pat Nagle is a GR signing, not RW. Would be nice for the team to let him play a game if Bernie gets traded. He's 33, a Ferris State product, and has never played an NHL game. This is a tank season anyways, what better way to tank than throw an AHL goalie out there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nice.

This is finally like we have built since Holland era the thing.

Spread guys around. To have starter jobs. Then some guy will pan out. We don't know who, but some will.

Formerly it was Larsson who looked like the front runner, but after that big groin injury, he has looked like a lost boy.

But Petruzzelli, owned by the organisation, he is now the guy in the lead.

Eliasson,Bratsstrom in the mix, but not doing anything significant.

G Cavin Pickard
G Kevin Boyle
G Kayden Fulcher
G Filip Larsson
G Victor Brattstrom
G Jesper Eliasson
G Jan Bednar
G Jan van Pottelberghe
G Carter Gylander
G Patrik Rybar

There's the group. All still with Red Wings "rights".

Last edited:

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Nice.

This is finally like we have built since Holland era the thing.

Spread guys around. To have starter jobs. Then some guy will pan out. We don't know who, but some will.

Formerly it was Larsson who looked like the front runner, but after that big groin injury, he has looked like a lost boy.

But Petruzzelli, owned by the organisation, he is now the guy in the lead.

Eliasson,Bratsstrom in the mix, but not doing anything significant.

G Cavin Pickard
G Kevin Boyle
G Kayden Fulcher
G Filip Larsson
G Victor Brattstrom
G Jesper Eliasson
G Jan Bednar
G Jan van Pottelberghe
G Carter Gylander
G Patrik Rybar

There's the group. All still with Red Wings "rights".
That's an, ummm, really impressive list... :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->