#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1000th assist)

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
He's been on fire lately (10 points in last 5 games).

With 76 points, an upcoming significant milestone will be that he'll be tied for second most 80 point seasons in NHL history, with 13 (trailing only Gretzky with 17).

Reactions: Dominance

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
6 points in 11 games should be more than do-able for him especially if he can get another 3+ pointer.

I feel bad for the guy at this point. Still playing at a pretty dang high level, but getting let down by the piss-poor team around him.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
7 points in 2 games, but we should still trade him because some jackhole from Ontario who got punched in the face for a living and "knew him for all these years, and by that I mean 13 games" said so.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
6 points in 11 games should be more than do-able for him especially if he can get another 3+ pointer.

I feel bad for the guy at this point. Still playing at a pretty dang high level, but getting let down by the piss-poor team around him.

He is part at fault honestly. The coach is the biggest issue with the team and Sid keeps going to bat for him.

Piss poor PP and OT. They dont even practice OT either. They would be in a playoff spot if they were average at both.

I love Sid but he needs to push sullivan out the door if he wants any semblance of a competitive team next year.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Grand scheme of things, he's done pretty well. I know there has been mountains of chats over the years about pace and missed games, what ifs, etc....but the actual stats have him currently with more points than anyone in the history of the game other than 11 guys (perhaps only 9 guys 3 weeks from now and perhaps only 4-5 guys by the time he retires....these are actual points, not what ifs.

Also, not to say he'd be ahead of everyone had he played in a different era, but every single one of those guys ahead of him on the all-time scoring list played in a higher scoring era (Jagr being very close to the same). And....OV is very close behind him as well.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Ridiculous to think that Crosby at 36 is leading a line (with Guentzel around) that was as follows:

4th in XGoals per 60

Up there still with some of the best in the league.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
4 points from another historic season. Wonder if he gets the 5 assists in the remaining 10 games for his 1000th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad