Prospect Info: #83 Zach Gallant

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Most interesting thing about this kid to me is he is 6'1 or 6'2 but he has a 6'6 wing span.

Also he won best defensive forward in he coaches poll for the OHL.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Interesting pick.. Thought he was lost his 1st season but came on strong this past season. Chance his stats skyrocket this season and if they do, it'll end up being a great pick.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Interesting pick.. Thought he was lost his 1st season but came on strong this past season. Chance his stats skyrocket this season and if they do, it'll end up being a great pick.

Did Korostelev go back into the draft? Your username leads me to believe you might know....

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Did Korostelev go back into the draft? Your username leads me to believe you might know....

Passed over which is quite surprising too me. Believe he will now look for an AHL deal or return to the Petes.

He's also listed on CSKA protected list roster on KHL website but there is no way he is ready for that level of competition yet.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Most interesting thing about this kid to me is he is 6'1 or 6'2 but he has a 6'6 wing span.

Also he won best defensive forward in he coaches poll for the OHL.

Not sure where I saw, Henkka may have linked to it at some point, but disproportionate wingspans is one of those weird things that seem to be a common trait with top players.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Passed over which is quite surprising too me. Believe he will now look for an AHL deal or return to the Petes.

He's also listed on CSKA protected list roster on KHL website but there is no way he is ready for that level of competition yet.

Maybe we can sign, start him in ECHL/AHL depending on where Svechnikov and Bertuzzi start. He was impressive when I saw him.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Highlight video of Gallant burning some dudes and sniping Gino's.

Question for petes... notice he was wearing a full cage in that last highlight. Did he break his jaw this year. ?

He had a very bad eye injury this season from a high stick.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
And how was the rehab? 100% ?

Yes. He missed a lengthy amount of time but rejoined the team for the playoff run and was the teams go to defensive player in the playoffs matching up against other teams top lines. He played a big factor in leading us to the eastern conference finals! :nod:

Aug 6, 2012
Did some research on this kid and he is probably my favorite pick of the draft. TONS of signs point to him developing in the right direction. He has a good chance of being a very good pro if he can fix a few things - mainly skating.

He had a rough year his rookie season in the ohl but had a really solid sophomore campaign plus through the playoffs. He has a massive wingspan and he thinks the game at a high level like some of you guys have already mentioned. He also seems to be an extremely hard worker on the ice by all accounts.

I feel like the only thing holding him back from being at least a serviceable fourth line forward, assuming his development doesn't fall off a cliff, is his skating. He looks kind of awkward on the ice to me... can't tell you if his stride has potential, not my forte.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Agreed. Defensively he is already where he needs to be.
Getting mention in the OHL coaches poll as a the best defensive forward and best Faceoff man in the Eastern conference at 17 years old is impressive.

The arrow is pointing in the right direction offensively as well. Huge strides in that department his second year.

I like this pick.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He kind of reminds me of Julius Vähätalo based on the few clips I could find. Big two-way dude with somewhat awkward skating but okay straight line speed. Lets hope he can develop his skating and offense even further over the next few seasons.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not sure where I saw, Henkka may have linked to it at some point, but disproportionate wingspans is one of those weird things that seem to be a common trait with top players.

Interesting. Kind of make sense. Great reach but a lower center of gravity for more balance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->