Post-Game Talk: #8 | Oilers 1 at FLYERS 2| Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So, who was to blame this game?

Head, I understand the point you are trying to make, and on a night like this, it's fine to make that point, I guess. But I want to make a very important point to you. It is something I have tried several times to make you see, and I am going to try again.

When Andrew "Farm Fresh" MacDonald has an average game, or a decent game, or a slightly good game, this average or decent or slightly good performance does not create a wormhole through which you can crawl to rewrite history. Congratulations to the man for not causing another catastrophe - I am sure I speak for all of us when I say "thank f*** for that" - but he is what he is. If we whip him when he doesn't deserve it, he is sure to earn that whipping lickety-split. The next Farm Fresh Catastrophe is always only a heartbeat away. So forgive me if I don't drape his forehead with olive wreaths or throw a parade after seeing him not implode for once. I'm not going to go out of my way to crap on him today, but I'm also not going to blame anyone who, employing anything more than the shortest and most selective of memories, does.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
aBckD5u.gif

Love the win, but that could have gone either way.

I thought Ghost had a very good game.

Hagg was very solid.

It's been discussed a lot, but it's really fun watching G play with his old jump.

The fourth line missed Leier. Without him, Laughts was trying to do too much and looked less effective than in other games this season.

The second line misses Weal. But that was nice play by Flip on Simmer's winner.

Patrick, who has looked good playing the wall, got schooled by some big boys today. That'll happen. If I'm Hak I'm upping his, and Konecny's, minutes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Congrats, you've now surpassed jtown in the most ridiculous axe to grind section of this forum. Keep reaching, my friend.
A true accomplishment.

Even my intentionally hyper-exaggerated Weal bashing isnt as biased and inaccurate. When I'm consciously trying to be...

But Ghost was not one of Hakstols adopted children and he spoke out against the coach, so he will be forever bashed, meanwhile the blessed ones are eternally innocent of any failures.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Quiz...who is saying this to themselves after reading the Couts stat:

"I never said he wasn't a good 3rd line C that could shut guys down. That's what he's good at"

Mr. Stonehands Seamstress ain't no 1C

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A true accomplishment.

Even my intentionally hyper-exaggerated Weal bashing isnt as biased and inaccurate. When I'm consciously trying to be...

But Ghost was not one of Hakstols adopted children and he spoke out against the coach, so he will be forever bashed, meanwhile the blessed ones are eternally innocent of any failures.

Honest to God, I didn't rub my eyes as much when I had pink eye as I do when he starts going on about the Ghost phantasm he thinks he sees deep inside his mushroom fugue. I'm definitely going to go blind if he carries on.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
A true accomplishment.

Honest to God, I didn't rub my eyes as much when I had pink eye as I do when he starts going on about the Ghost phantasm he thinks he sees deep inside his mushroom fugue. I'm definitely going to go blind if he carries on.

This is some hard stuff to understand...and I did well in English class

Do you mean...someone is criticizing Ghost without due cause? And it causes you (poetic) grief?

If so, I agree, without poetry. Ghost is more than holding his own on defensive assignments, and making game breaker type choices on offense, and choosing his spots very very well.

SNL break to follow

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad