GDT: #74 | FLYERS at Red Wings | Tue., Mar. 20, 2018, 7:30 pm ET | NBCSN, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You would think, but you would also think the coach would play a rookie when he flew his parents into town to watch him play...
An NHL coach isn't there for charity. His job is on the line. He's not going to play athletes based on whose family members are in the stands.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
3 in almost 30 playing with g. Some would get hung for that. Lol

He’s got 4 goals & 19 assists assists in his last 30 games. So 23 points in 30 games isn’t bad at all. Of course you’d like more goals but he was bound to cool off at some point there. He was shooting around 17% at some point this year.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
He’s got 4 goals & 19 assists assists in his last 30 games. So 23 points in 30 games isn’t bad at all. Of course you’d like more goals but he was bound to cool off at some point there. He was shooting around 17% at some point this year.
Here's playing fine. I'm just saying playing with g you should have more goals that's all.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Here's playing fine. I'm just saying playing with g you should have more goals that's all.

When it comes to Couts, I almost see any points he scores as icing on the cake, because when we finally get to the playoffs with our roster flush with some of this young talent, he is going to be our Guy Carbonneau, and because it's the playoffs, all of the things he does so well are going to be massively amplified. I just want him to keep chugging along and playing the way he always has, and just prepare himself to dominate in the playoffs when we are ready to go deep.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You will defend him for anything.
You think an NHL head coach should make lineup decisions based on whose family members are in the crowd?
Come on, now.
I don't blindly defend Hakstol at all costs, and have criticized his decisions numerous times, but I will defend him from the ridiculousness of getting bashed because he didn't make a lineup decision based on a rookie's parents being in attendance.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I think I'd like to see them try Laughton at 3LW again.
Laughton needs to stay at C. His defensive game has rebounded significantly from his rookie year and so on.

NAK would be an obvious choice... but I forgot NAK is just a weird way to spell Lehtera or vet.

Funny enough our energy lines are our 1st and 2nd lines... they're also our scoring, defensively responsible, and checking lines. The bottom 6 is going to kill us in the playoffs.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Since Feb. 1, Couturier has 18 points (4 goals) in 23 games and is +11.

Giroux has 27 points (12 goals) in 23 games and is +12.

Konecny has 18 points (8 goals) in 22 games and is +12.

Ghost has 20 points (3 goals) in 23 games and is +5.

Interestingly, Simmonds is -7 in his last 16 games; Laughton is -8 with 5 points in 23 games; and Raffl is -9 with 3 points in 23 games

Filppula only has 14 shots on goal in 23 games since Feb. 1.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Desperately need these points. Red hot Columbus is catching us in the standings!

Looking at the Blue Jackets and Devils schedule we stand a better chance against New Jersey I believe. Both are playing good/ great hockey but the Devils rest program is as tough as ours.

If the restive Panthers would stop winning ...

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Also 5 out of these last 9 games are very winnable games. If the Flyers can take the 5 easy ones and 1 out of the 4 tougher games they are basically guarantes a PO spot. Their destiny is in their own hands against some very mediocre competition.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
i said yes to all three...i have never tasted one i didnt like but ill say buffalo. if i get more ill mix hot and sweet. like some buff and teriyaki.

There was this cheap grocery store close to my house in St. Louis. It was mostly a pile of ****, but they wanted to pretend they were a "superstore" like Walmart and everything else, so they had this buffet they stocked every day, an upgraded salad bar, basically, and you could grab wads of whatever and put them in styrofoam containers to take home. Most of that was a pile of **** too, but they always had these wings on there that were just amazeballs. The styro container I carried out of there was always heavier than it should have been, since I lived alone and my cats didn't eat wings lol but I couldn't help it - I just gorged myself on those beauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad