GDT: #72 | FLYERS at Hurricanes | Sat., Mar. 17, 2018, 7:00 pm ET | FS-CR, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
CAROLINA HURRICANES (30-29-11) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (35-25-11)
4ZaIUpK.jpg
th

020618-CANES-PHIL-CCS014

BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: FS-CR, NBCSP
  • Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic
  • Streams: Do not post or request any streams or links to unauthorized sites.
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%PIM
Hurricanes7030-29-117116-13-614-16-518521619.978.053.8.893 441
Flyers7135-25-118117-13-618-12-520620420.374.953.7.905 606
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
54 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
15 Jori Lehtera - 21 Scott Laughton - 24 Matt Read​
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
47 Andrew McDonald - 6 Travis Sanheim
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas​
Goalies
34 Petr Mrazek - 49 Alex Lyon (expected starter)​

Injuries and Scratches

8 Robert Hagg is out two weeks from Mar. 10 due to an upper body injury. March 16 update: appears to be ahead of schedule.
20 Taylor Leier could be a healthy scratch.
22 Dale Weise could be a healthy scratch.
29 Johnny Oduya is day-to-day with a lower body injury. Participated in practice March 14.
30 Michel Neuvirth is on IR. Originally stated as out 4-to-6 weeks from Feb. 20 with a lower body injury, he participated in a practice on March 14.
37 Brian Elliott is on IR. He could be out 5-to-6 weeks from Feb. 13 after core muscle surgery. He could return prior to the end of the regular season.
40 Jordan Weal could be a healthy scratch.​

Power Play Units

1. Wayne Simmonds - Sean Couturier - Jake Voracek - Claude Giroux - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Nolan Patrick - Oskar Lindblom - Travis Konecny - Jordan Weal - Ivan Provorov
MEDIA CONTACTS
Courier-Post of South Jersey
HockeyBuzz.com
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
John Boruk's Twitter -- John Boruk (@johnborukNBCS) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philly.com Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter
Sons of Penn

CAROLINA HURRICANES

th
Possible Lineup
Lines

20 Sebastian Aho - 11 Jordan Staal - 86 Teuvo Teravainen
23 Brock McGinn - 28 Elias Lindholm - 14 Justin Williams
53 Jeff Skinner - 49 Victor Rask - 34 Phillip DiGiuseppe
42 Joakim Nordstrom - 7 Derek Ryan - 21 Lee Stempniak
Pairings
74 Jaccob Slavin - 22 Brett Pesce
4 Haydn Fleury - 27 Justin Faulk
5 Noah Hanifin - 57 Trevor van Riemsdyk
Goalies
30 Cam Ward - 33 Scott Darling
Injuries and Scratches
6 Klas Dahlbeck could be a healthy scratch.
Power Play Units
1. Sebastian Aho - Jordan Staal - Elias Lindholm - Teuvo Teravainen - Justin Faulk
2. Victor Rask - Derek Ryan - Justin Williams - Noah Hanifin - Jeff Skinner
MEDIA CONTACTS
Carolina Hurricanes

Mike Sundheim's Twitter -- Mike Sundheim (@MikeSundheim) | Twitter
Michael Smith's Twitter -- Michael Smith (@MSmithCanes) | Twitter
Fox Sports Carolina
Raleigh News and Observer

FLYERS' SCHEDULE

DateGameTime (ET)Television Radio
Sun., Mar. 18 Washington at Philadelphia 5:00 pm NHLN-US, NBCSP, NBCSWA97.5
Tue., Mar. 20 Philadelphia at Detroit7:30 pm NBCSN, NBCSP 97.5
Thu., Mar. 22NY Rangers at Philadelphia7:00 pm NBCSP, MSG93.3
Sun., Mar. 25 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh12:30 pm NBC, TVAS 97.5
Tue., Mar. 27 Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pmFS-SW+, NBCSP 97.5
Wed., Mar. 28Philadelphia at Colorado 10:00 pm ALT, NBCSP+93.3
Sun., Apr. 1Boston at Philadelphia12:30 pmNBC, TVAS 93.3
Tue., Apr. 3 Philadelphia at NY Islanders7:00 pmMSG+ 2, NBCSP+ 93.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Riders on the Storm" by The Doors

Last edited:

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Speaking of firing Hakstol, future coaches, retreads, and the like........

I certainly wouldn't mind Carolina fire Bill Peters under their new management circus, and Hextall invites him into the Flyers fold. With Carter Hart (he might cry), better forwards, and an equal-better defense, I'd still bet on him long-term and the idea he got a bad hand. He'd be my kind of upside, aggressive hockey-ing re-tread @JojoTheWhale. Maybe close to the ideal.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I feel like if we were going to change our nickname and you ran a poll for our new one right now, the winner would probably be something like "Philadelphia National Embarrassments," and they would call us "The Ass" the way they call Colorado "The Avs" and it's all thanks to North Dakota not having the coin or the balls to keep Geoffrey David Daniel "Jeff" Hakstok and accept their loser point in the NCAA championship tournament. EASILY my least favorite state at the moment, and may make the list if this goes on for another full season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The team certainly played better last game. They put up points and could have had more but bob. Lindblom looks like he could go off anytime and will soon enough. That will be huge for that line. G keeps going. Get Couts going would be massive. Simmer will take some time after oral surgery but should be back soon hopefully. Couts, Lindblom, and Simmer slumping means a lot to this team. Go with Lyon in this one. If we get the win we talk about 2-2 in the last 4 and not 1 win in 9.

Reactions: marcsson68

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Speaking of firing Hakstol, future coaches, retreads, and the like........

I certainly wouldn't mind Carolina fire Bill Peters under their new management circus, and Hextall invites him into the Flyers fold. With Carter Hart (he might cry), better forwards, and an equal-better defense, I'd still bet on him long-term and the idea he got a bad hand. He'd be my kind of upside, aggressive hockey-ing re-tread @JojoTheWhale. Maybe close to the ideal.

Yeah, I'm pretty open about my admiration for the way that org was run. I don't know that I would think of him as a retread even though he is.

Off the top of my head impressions of Peters' staff and teams:

• Plays a clear top 4 D. Not a huge minutes gap between them at 5v5, but does mix the pairings among the top 4.
  • Plays a clear top 3 F lines. 4th line gets 4th line Minutes. Fairly rigid with the personnel on his top line and 4th lines with more variety in the Middle 6.
  • Less extreme jumps than Hakstol in either direction for D deployment based on Score. This one in particular stands out to me as a lineup construction issue. His top 4 D play those Minutes so there's less need to adjust.
  • Leans harder on his top Forwards when trailing in high Standings leverage situations.
  • Doesn't ride his top guys as hard overall. In this context, that would be Provorov, Couturier, and Giroux.
  • Overall excellent at generating 5v5 shots in close and to a lesser degree from the wings. Still not great between the circles.
  • Gives up way too many close shots on the PK.
  • The PP fires a ton from in close and the right circle. The point shots on the PP are overwhelmingly from the middle of the ice.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
These lines need to change. Simmonds should be tossed on the 4th line/PP2 at this point for lack of a desirable situation.

Manning and Gudas need to be split and both need to have their wrists broken in practice if they keep dumping pucks on net with nobody around to clean up.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
A win is due. But it will be necessary to have someone between the pipes this time. I mean, even if I stood upright inside the goal crease a few pucks would automatically hit me...
Lindblom, Simmer and Couts finally finding the back of the net would help as well.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Carolina can beat any team in the league but they are just as inconsistant as the Flyers.
Put their defense behind our offense and you win 5 cups in a row. But as everything stays as it is, both teams won't win shit the next couple of years.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
Carolina can beat any team in the league but they are just as inconsistant as the Flyers.
Put their defense behind our offense and you win 5 cups in a row. But as everything stays as it is, both teams won't win **** the next couple of years.

This team wont win anything with that current bottom 6.

Anyhow, that negativity is overblown. Sure, the team is extremely inconsitent, most likely due to our bottom 4 defensepairs, bellow average bottom 6 and inconsistent goaltending (I am not going to comment about our coaching, thats being debated enough already).
Since our pipeline is stacked with talent to replace those weak spots, things can change rather quickly.
Watch the shitbirds before they had decent depth besides their star players. They didnt come close to winning another cup before then.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fitting that the final nail in the coffin will come against the most bland, vanilla team in the NHL.

Reactions: Danko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->