GDT: #72| Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Islanders | March 18th | 5:00 PM | F/L 4-3

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
People who overly blame the coach are people who think the awful players are actually good. It’s not the coach. It’s the players. You don’t win with 5 players. Is Leddy up to minus 40 yet? What does Ladd have 1 goal in 26 games? Is Clutterbuck or Cizikas an NHL player? Are either goalie even mediocre. That’s why they lose.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
People who overly blame the coach are people who think the awful players are actually good. It’s not the coach. It’s the players. You don’t win with 5 players. Is Leddy up to minus 40 yet? What does Ladd have 1 goal in 26 games? Is Clutterbuck or Cizikas an NHL player? Are either goalie even mediocre. That’s why they lose.
We know you are trolling but I have to ask: other than when they've played the rags have you actually watched an Islanders game this season? Have you seen the defensive structure and positioning that is completely non existent by design? We're talking coaching that would be embarrassing for a high school team. Yes the team has flaws but so does just about every other team in the league. With their roster there is no excuse for them being dead and buried with more than a full month left in the season.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
We’ve been significantly worse than them the second half of the year. If we keep playing like this we might have a shot.

Hey I hope so, I want us as low as possible ..only reason I think it's gonna be difficult is we have 3 more ROW's than them, so they would have to 4-6 and we lose out. With Price, Weber, Patches out, hard to see that happening but all we can do is take care of our own business and LOSS BABY LOSS :eek:

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
We know you are trolling but I have to ask: other than when they've played the rags have you actually watched an Islanders game this season? Have you seen the defensive structure and positioning that is completely non existent by design? We're talking coaching that would be embarrassing for a high school team. Yes the team has flaws but so does just about every other team in the league. With their roster there is no excuse for them being dead and buried with more than a full month left in the season.
I’m not trolling at all. Yeah I watch them a lot. If I only watched them vs. the Rangers I’d say they were great.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
really think Eberle's comments f***ed with Barzal, Barzal needs to skate around forever until he is seeing the right play, I can tell he is almost looking to pass right away as he is trying to appease Eberle, when he assisted on the PP goal that is what he needs to do all the time, that is pre-Eberle comment Barzal

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I think he needs to find a happy medium. You can't skate around forever in the NHL. Sometimes you just have to be pragmatic and make the smart play.
Well he is smart and he was doing the right thing until Eberle opened his mouth, if the puck is not on his stick for most of the time he is on the ice I am guessing our offense is a failure

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
This may be off by a year but I think in the entire 9 seasons JT has been in the league Carolina hasn't made the playoffs even once.
I said nothing about historical comparison. A snapshot of right now with the addition of JT to the Canes, and I'd rank both teams about equal, and probably give the nod to Carolina as they are better than the Isles, and we still have JT.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I said nothing about historical comparison. A snapshot of right now with the addition of JT to the Canes, and I'd rank both teams about equal, and probably give the nod to Carolina as they are better than the Isles, and we still have JT.
So why would he make a lateral move and leave money on the table on top of that? And Carolina has been so underwhelming that they just fired their GM. The only way I could see him going there is if their owner, who seems fond of publicity stunts, offers him like $15 million a year or something.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Our team stinks, yes, but putting that aside for a second, that call at the end of the game against JT was maybe THE single worst moment of officiating I have ever witnessed. The refs are bad more often than not, the Isles have gotten some pretty dubious calls against them in my time as a fan, but I still do not see what the call is. I see a Hurricanes player put his hand and arm around JT's face and neck, yank him backwards to the ice ( a very dangerous play in my opinion), and JT fall to the ice. What the heck did he do? Where the heck was this penalty against him? That should have been a power play for us with 2 minutes to go. I actually think they must have made the call up in their heads because I do not see anything. I dont see Tavares do anything but getting pulled down by his head. It was disgraceful. Thank god the game didnt mean anything because that was horrendous. If that was Crosby it probably would have been a five minute major against the other guy.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Our team stinks, yes, but putting that aside for a second, that call at the end of the game against JT was maybe THE single worst moment of officiating I have ever witnessed. The refs are bad more often than not, the Isles have gotten some pretty dubious calls against them in my time as a fan, but I still do not see what the call is. I see a Hurricanes player put his hand and arm around JT's face and neck, yank him backwards to the ice ( a very dangerous play in my opinion), and JT fall to the ice. What the heck did he do? Where the heck was this penalty against him? That should have been a power play for us with 2 minutes to go. I actually think they must have made the call up in their heads because I do not see anything. I dont see Tavares do anything but getting pulled down by his head. It was disgraceful. Thank god the game didnt mean anything because that was horrendous. If that was Crosby it probably would have been a five minute major against the other guy.
He slashed at the goalie as he skated in front of the crease... it was a weak call.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Interesting strategy by offensive guru Doug Weight. Have Lee take the faceoff when he never takes any faceoffs

Lee took face offs for strome in AHL. Is actually quite good, and dominated in college. Over 75% this year. Only because JT was in the box.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why not both?

Well if we're making wish lists then all I want is a Stanley Cup. However I thought the point of the exercise was to show what you'd sacrifice to get rid of snow. To me there's no way to win a Cup with him, so I'd rather have a more competent GM with less assets to work with than an inept one with unlimited assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->