GDT: #71| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | March 16th | 7:00 PM | F/L 6-3

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Chris Botta implied on Islanders Point Blank tonight that changes could be coming. If the team announced the firing of Snow tomorrow, no joke, I would buy tickets tomorrow for Sunday's game to show my support and celebrate the future that could only be better.

Don’t get your hopes up.

They’ll likely replace him with Chris Lamoriello because he’ll probably come at the fraction of the cost of a legitmate candidate, since L&M will have to pay Snow’s buyout fees.

And they’ll want someone from within the organization because it will “help” to “re-sign” JT.

What they really need is to clean house completely and structure the front office like an normal NHL team that makes everyone accountable for each other.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Don’t get your hopes up.

They’ll likely replace him with Chris Lamoriello because he’ll probably come at the fraction of the cost of a legitmate candidate, since L&M will have to pay Snow’s buyout fees.

And they’ll want someone from within the organization because it will “help” to “re-sign” JT.

What they really need is to clean house completely and structure the front office like an normal NHL team that makes everyone accountable for each other.

Yeah, I was on a flight to San Diego the day the Isles announced that Mike Milbury was no longer going to be GM.

I stayed awake reading articles and envisioning a better future after getting to the hotel room late night/early morning.

But we know how that played out: Milbury... Smith... Snow...

I’m hopeful that changes will finally come. But it has to be complete. Or at the very least start with new blood tasked with cleaning up the rest

Last edited:

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
At this point I honestly can't see how both Snow and Weight are not fired. Unless they somehow go like 9-2 the rest of the way

I dont like Weight, I think he is a bad coach, but nothing truly matters but the removal of Snow. Getting rid of Weight and keeping Snow changes nothing and improves nothing. It took several years to get the majority of the fanbase to see the reality with Snow, but as more and more fans gradually took off the blinders over the years, I believe we are now finally at the point where only a select small percentage do not see this. I think if Snow is not gone after this season, there will essentially be a fan revolt, if not through physically protesting, then through their wallets. I cannot imagine how empty the arenas will be next year if this buffoon is still in charge.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
There should be nothing but Snow Must Go chants tomorrow for anyone who actually decides to go to the game. All game long, non stop. The only thing left that matters over these last 8 home games (it is crazy that we still have 20% of our home schedule to go) is making it a nightmare at that arena for these owners until they realize what must be done.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Team just looks so dispirited and uninterested. They hardly even bothered to celebrate the equaliser.

I think Washington played very poorly again - and win easily - though Holtby was excellent.

Their big boys were kind of invisible and not engaged much. Isles make teams fly through that neutral zone untouched - can't understand how.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->