GDT: #71| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | March 16th | 7:00 PM | F/L 6-3

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Anyone thinks Isles missed Matt Martin? He is one of the best hitters in the league and knows how to throw them without taking penalties. Isles just not the same without him. I misjudged how much he meant for this team. Isles should take him back from Leafs in the summer. Even he does not score, his presence means somthing. Johnston is tough, but he does not throw big hits like Martin.

Yes, because he was clearly the difference maker in getting the Maple Leafs to the next level.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Anyone thinks Isles missed Matt Martin? He is one of the best hitters in the league and knows how to throw them without taking penalties. Isles just not the same without him. I misjudged how much he meant for this team. Isles should take him back from Leafs in the summer. Even he does not score, his presence means somthing. Johnston is tough, but he does not throw big hits like Martin.

As a fan of another team, I can say that I absolutely hated seeing Martin & Clutterbuck on the ice together...

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
At this point I honestly can't see how both Snow and Weight are not fired. Unless they somehow go like 9-2 the rest of the way

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
At this point I honestly can't see how both Snow and Weight are not fired. Unless they somehow go like 9-2 the rest of the way

C'mon man, you're not new here, how many times have we've thought that only to be turned away...there is nothing logically about this organization

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
C'mon man, you're not new here, how many times have we've thought that only to be turned away...there is nothing logically about this organization

The team really has not had a season this bad in awhile. Last year they made a solid comeback late and were in the playoffs the previous 2. Its really the worst season since 11-12.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
The team really has not had a season this bad in awhile. Last year they made a solid comeback late and were in the playoffs the previous 2. Its really the worst season since 11-12.

It's all relative, most franchises would gave fired underperforming management when they miss playoffs 2 years in a row or don't advance in subsequent years..for all we know Ledecky buys into the "injuries" excuse or "just gotta let the players have a full year under the new coaches systems"..

I am not gonna assume anything til I see a new GM standing at a podium

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
They won the conference, two divisions and a Presidents Trophy the last six years along with a million game 7’s, something you would have a parade for. This site celebrates winning a regular season game, it would over do the Ranger accomplishments a million fold.
Get serious, dude. The whole MSG over-hype machine is such a joke. Give the Islanders half of the resources of the Lamegers and they'd have several more Cups. Here's the record for the denizens of the "worlds most famous arena" (Knicks included) ; 3 championships in the last 148 years combined with more money to spend than everyone else! The only thing MSG should be famous for is consistent failures. Hell, the gd circus is even gone. And so glad pretty boy Lquist is staying to finish his career of exaggerated accomplishments with no Cup. Fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyMike01

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Matt Martin is not some missing key, he was an average fourth liner who completely negated playing the puck to bounce off of guys for 13 minutes a night.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013

Even if they go 11-0, does it matter? This has been a season of failure, across the board. Players, coaches, management all have failed. Why would a meaningless late run change the first 70 games worth of poor coaching, lousy effort and inept management?
Long past time to reboot the rebuild, from the top down.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Chris Botta implied on Islanders Point Blank tonight that changes could be coming. If the team announced the firing of Snow tomorrow, no joke, I would buy tickets tomorrow for Sunday's game to show my support and celebrate the future that could only be better.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
So glad I booked this trip to D.C. months ago. What in the world was I thinking?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
NHL Network before the game was killing the Isles -showing they don’t attack the puck carrier at the red line, nor the blue line. Just let them skate in the zone. Then stand around all looking at the puck carrier and no one else. Then after the game, I believe it was Melrose (is he on NHL network now?) saying the isles are a terrible team, one of the worst in the league.

All this we already knew, of course.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
NHL Network before the game was killing the Isles -showing they don’t attack the puck carrier at the red line, nor the blue line. Just let them skate in the zone. Then stand around all looking at the puck carrier and no one else. Then after the game, I believe it was Melrose (is he on NHL network now?) saying the isles are a terrible team, one of the worst in the league.

All this we already knew, of course.

Apparently everyone knows this but our coaching staff.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Matt Martin is not some missing key, he was an average fourth liner who completely negated playing the puck to bounce off of guys for 13 minutes a night.

Maybe in your mind, You never lose your glue guy..Never....As for your post WEAK

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
At this point, I am just waiting for this season to mercifully end.I am more concerned with Malkin and Ledecky cleaning house.I want Snow,Weight and the assistant coaches gone.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Chris Botta implied on Islanders Point Blank tonight that changes could be coming. If the team announced the firing of Snow tomorrow, no joke, I would buy tickets tomorrow for Sunday's game to show my support and celebrate the future that could only be better.
Very glad to read this.
But , it is important that Snow is among those being shown the door. Does no good to fire Weight, fire his assistants and keep Snow.

Reactions: 12Dog

MacDaddy Version 4

The patron saint of the Denial
Mar 11, 2018
West Fort William, Ontario
Johnston did was doing his job. That’s st the refs discretion to call him for the instigator. Clutterbuck sent his team down 2 men. There’s s distinct difference.
He was doing his job poorly then because any momentum they could have carried out of scoring to tie the game was lost with his timing failure at picking his spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad