GDT: [#7] Stars @ Coyotes

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
STARS LOOK TO HOME AND HOME SWEEP vs. COYOTES

DALLAS STARS (3-3-0) @ ARIZONA COYOTES (0-5-1)

ROUND 2
round_2_girl.jpg

Mike_Tysons_Punch_Out_Fight.gif
Thursday, October 19
9:00 p.m.
TV: Fox Sports Southwest
Radio: The Ticket 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Season Series

• This is the second of three meetings between the Stars and Coyotes.
    • The Stars have won five straight games against the Coyotes.
    • Oct. 16, at Dallas: Stars 3, Coyotes 1
Statistical Tidbits

• The Stars are 0-2-0 on the road.
    • The Coyotes are 0-2-1 at home.
    • Through Tuesday, the Stars ranked fifth in the NHL in goals against at 2.33 per game.
    • Through Tuesday, the Stars ranked 27th in goals for at 2.33 per game.
    • Arizona ranked 31st in goals against (4.17 per game) and were tied for 29th in goals for (2.00 per game).
    • The Stars are 5-19 (26.3 percent) on the power play and 20-23 (87.0 percent) on the penalty kill.
    • The Coyotes are 4-21 (19.0 percent) on the power play and 14-18 (77.8 percent) on the penalty kill.
    • John Klingberg (two goals, three assists) and Tyler Seguin (three goals, two assists) lead the Stars in scoring with five points.
    • Max Domi leads the Coyotes in scoring with five points (one goal, four assists).
    • Stars goaltender Ben Bishop is 3-1-0 with a 1.49 goals against average and .944 save percentage

GAME LINES

STARS
Benn- Seguin- Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Ritchie
Elie - Hanzal - Shore
Roussel - Faksa - Pitlick

Lindell - Klingberg

Hamhuis - Johns
Methot - Oleksiak

Ben Bishop (3-1-0; 1.49; .944)

Coyotes

Domi - Stepan - Rieder
Keller - Dvorak - Duclair
Crouse - Cousins - Fischer
Rinaldo - Kempe - Martinook

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Connataun - Demers
Goligoski - Schenn

Adin Hill (0-1-0; 2.07; .939)
cut.jpg

751f6cb9852a0e77313d2412ae32f20c--dallas-cowboys-blame.jpg
d4P8Msz.png

Lines from Dailyfaceoff.com
Stars Preview: https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dall...-home-and-home-vs-arizona-coyotes/c-292059242

Last edited:
Reactions: SniperHF

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Yeah, they mentioned getting Oleksiak back on the ice the other night. Looks like they are wanting to keep a rotation going.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Let's Go Stars!!

This will be a good early season road test, I believe the Stars are the better team and SHOULD win. However, there is a narrative to this game that is hard to ignore. They are going on the road, playing a young hungry team who is desperate for a win, who also played us tough a couple nights ago. I feel like this is the type of game that solid teams are able to win consistently. Let's see if the Stars can take care of business tonight.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oleksiak really doesn't like playing in NHL games i guess...

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
How can an NHL coach ever think that Oleksiak should be playing over Honka? Like where is the rationale behind that?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just waive one of Oleksiak/Pateryn and play Honka everytime. We've been enough of the Big Rig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Methot with Hamhuis now. You just can't trust Oleksiak not to royally f*** up.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
At the start of the season I figured Hamhuis should be the one to go, then Johns, and now Oleksiak. Maybe that's Nill's problem, none of the three stand out as being the worst for long enough to get traded/waived. In any case, the smart play now seems to be making a permanent top 4 with Honka, and letting the other 3 cycle in the bottom pair.

Reactions: Karitimes

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I didn't tune into the game but I'd assume Oleksiak made some colossal mistakes by the sounds of things... anyone care to elaborate for us without streams or center ice?

Radulov seems silent on that top line, does anyone think they should juggle the lines a little to get Spezza and Radulov (among others) going?

This early part of the schedule is where this team needs to make hay, it seems to me like they're barely eeking out victories... two points is two points though!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I didn't tune into the game but I'd assume Oleksiak made some colossal mistakes by the sounds of things... anyone care to elaborate for us without streams or center ice?

Radulov seems silent on that top line, does anyone think they should juggle the lines a little to get Spezza and Radulov (among others) going?

This early part of the schedule is where this team needs to make hay, it seems to me like they're barely eeking out victories... two points is two points though!

2 massive turnovers directly for breakwaways within 2-5 minutes one leading to a goal against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad