• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
My homer vote is the B's.

Who knows . It would be a good series.
I homer voted the Leafs, but really have no idea who would win this series. Leafs have done well against Boston without Matthews this year so maybe they could win? I feel like the Leafs fwd depth is better but the Bruins blue line is better. Could be a real good series.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Once again it's the HF anti bias against the Leafs.
This s a serious question....Why is there a HF bias against the Leafs ?
I don't hate the Leafs but I have noticed it.

Bergy will be back. The B's are playing WAY better hockey than I thought they would and the recent additions are looking WAY better than I would have imagined so who knows.

As a STH in Boston (17 years) I can say the Leaf fans have always been my favorite visiting fans . They know their hockey and are cool. I also went to a game in Toronto in 2014 and had a blast (even thought I was wearing B's stuff}. Toronto is a very nice city.

GO B's !

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Something about Toronto in the playoffs I tell ya.
They don't make it often but the last 2 trips they pushed Boston to game 7 and Caps to game 6, those leafs team weren't the best mind you but the teams they did push were contenders.

Would be a fun series to watch, as a leafs fan I just can wait for playoffs to start.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Funny that you laugh when I say Gardiner and then you proceed to say both teams have a lot of depth. I agree both teams have a lot of depth ergo why Gardiner -Zaitsev playing well or sucking is important. If they suck our defensive depth is gone. See how two and two go together? Boston’s defence is pretty consistent so if the 2nd pair faulters than it is a clear advantage to Boston in that aspect.

Other than obviously Bergeron’s line, none of your other lines scare me. I mean they scare me in the sense that any of them can pot in a goal at the worst possible time against us from a defensive breakdown that might lead to the game winner, but none of them frighten me in a sense that they can dominate and take over a game.

My main worries are the Bergeron line, Chara and the leafs defensive structure more specifically their second pairing. Heinen doesn’t scare me. Nash doesn’t scare me. And please don’t talk about your 4th line like we should be worried. I take Kapanen, Plekanec and Komarov over all of them all day.
Same here. There's no Leafs line that scares me. Your best player is Matthews and I think that Bergeron > him.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This s a serious question....Why is there a HF bias against the Leafs ?
I don't hate the Leafs but I have noticed it.

Bergy will be back. The B's are playing WAY better hockey than I thought they would and the recent additions are looking WAY better than I would have imagined so who knows.

As a STH in Boston (17 years) I can say the Leaf fans have always been my favorite visiting fans . They know their hockey and are cool. I also went to a game in Toronto in 2014 and had a blast (even thought I was wearing B's stuff}. Toronto is a very nice city.

GO B's !

Not sure why the bias against the Leafs but it's definitely there, cool to hear someone who's not a Leaf fan acknowledge it!

I've always liked Boston too. Probably because I started watching hockey in about 1969 or so, grew up as a Leaf fan and hated MTL. We sucked as a team but Boston was good so I was always cheering hard for them against MTL and Don Cherry's last game as coach of the Bruins was one of the biggest heart-breakers I've had to endure. Plus I've always liked the Boston logo. :)

Boston's a great team and I have a ton of respect for them. I think people are underestimating the Leafs but I don't see any reason to think our play as of late is a fluke, we're finally emerging as a top team.

This series should be amazing! And LOL at those Boston fans who think it's going to be easy for them.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
that's true. the problem with that is I don't think the Flyers are even close to Pittsburgh but I guess we'll have to see. this is shaping up to be a hell of a postseason

I have a feeling that whomever gets the momentum will cake through the series. That it's over in 5.

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
Same here. There's no Leafs line that scares me. Your best player is Matthews and I think that Bergeron > him.

In a vacuum each line isn't that scary, but if the offense as a whole is firing on all cylinders like they were at the start of the season then it can get pretty scary imo. I'm slightly biased though ;)

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Interesting, because last time we played our speed ran your defense into the ground.
...which exactly ties into what I said (which you didn't read, I guess...) that if the Leafs would be let to roam at will it would cause huge problems to us.
And which ties with the fact that if our team plays our usual in your face forecheck (like we did the game before the one you mentioned), taking space and time away from your guys, it would neuter that speed.

And by the way, if you think that the Bruins are slow, you are sorely mistaken,

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
In a vacuum each line isn't that scary, but if the offense as a whole is firing on all cylinders like they were at the start of the season then it can get pretty scary imo. I'm slightly biased though ;)
Sure, but the same can be said for us. Plus we added a Rick Nash to the fold (and 2 more forwards and 1 D to also improve depth).

Reactions: mike dad bab clock

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
...which exactly ties into what I said (which you didn't read, I guess...) that if the Leafs would be let to roam at will it would cause huge problems to us.
And which ties with the fact that if our team plays our usual in your face forecheck (like we did the game before the one you mentioned), taking space and time away from your guys, it would neuter that speed.

And by the way, if you think that the Bruins are slow, you are sorely mistaken,

I think our forwards are much faster than your defense...yes.

And basically then you are saying that no Leaf line scares you provided they are checked closely? It's not like Boston had amnesia every time they played us this year. I'm fairly certain that the mission statement before playing the Leafs has always been "check them heavy and take away their speed in the neutral zone"

Sometimes teams can do that, sometimes teams can't do it. I think teams always try to do it.

The playoffs are not the regular season and I have confidence that Boston will be more successful clogging up the neutral zone.

But I still pick Toronto.

Because Toronto.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think our forwards are much faster than your defense...yes.

And basically then you are saying that no Leaf line scares you provided they are checked closely? It's not like Boston had amnesia every time they played us this year. I'm fairly certain that the mission statement before playing the Leafs has always been "check them heavy and take away their speed in the neutral zone"

Sometimes teams can do that, sometimes teams can't do it. I think teams always try to do it.

The playoffs are not the regular season and I have confidence that Boston will be more successful clogging up the neutral zone.

But I still pick Toronto.

Because Toronto.

It's going to be good hockey.

Reactions: Varcus

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Don't get me wrong. I respect the Bruins as a whole. As a team I believe they are a serious contender and they have a structure and strategy that could beat the leafs if implemented correctly . I just don't see any offensively dynamic line that can take over a game other than Bergeron's.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Don't get me wrong. I respect the Bruins as a whole. As a team I believe they are a serious contender and they have a structure and strategy that could beat the leafs if implemented correctly . I just don't see any offensively dynamic line that can take over a game other than Bergeron's.

Well yeah, it is going to be a nail biter.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I think it will be great hockey, but end with the Bruins winning in 5 or 6. I think they are a better, more balanced team right now. Leafs time will come, but I don't think they are there this year.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I pick the Bruins since I am a Bruins fan. I think it would go 7 and could go either way. Injuries could really take a team out of the running like it did with the Bruins last year so who knows what happens at this point.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs are a tough match up for Boston

1. Strong down the middle picking up Krejci nemesis Plecanec

2. Fast team speed

3. Andersson is very good against them

I'd take healthy Boston but it's flip a coin 100 times and maybe Boston has 53. Not what you want in the first round after 110+ point season to start

Reactions: wintersej

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Tough to tell without knowing what the Leafs fully healthy lineup will look like but I'm going to say the team with home ice will win.

Match ups will play a big role in this series since both teams are deep, and I think Babs will be able to make up for his teams lack of experience by putting them in the right positions at home.

I'd say Bruins in 7.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tough to tell without knowing what the Leafs fully healthy lineup will look like but I'm going to say the team with home ice will win.

Match ups will play a big role in this series since both teams are deep, and I think Babs will be able to make up for his teams lack of experience by putting them in the right positions at home.

I'd say Bruins in 7.
if fully healthy it'll probably be
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Plekanec - Kapanen

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Carrick

Reactions: DrJustice

Ad

Upcoming events