WJC: 6th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Updates Ongoing

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Need a HUGE game from Necas + Hajek tomorrow. I doubt Oettinger starts still sadly, and Yamamoto might be injured after that slash still. Just hoping to hold onto a top-3 spot tbh :laugh:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Quinn Hughes carries the puck around the whole zone and dishes a sweet feed into the slot to set up the goal... but doesn't get an assist because of the IIHF's idiotic give-and-go scoring method. That's straight bullshit. :shakehead

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Quinn Hughes carries the puck around the whole zone and dishes a sweet feed into the slot to set up the goal... but doesn't get an assist because of the IIHF's idiotic give-and-go scoring method. That's straight bull****. :shakehead

If it makes you feel any better Perunovich should have gotten an secondary assist pretty clearly on a goal in the QF, I was so sure it was going to count I added it in and had to get rid of it when the official listing came out. I think the same thing happened to Tkachuk on the first American goal today, but now that I think of it that probably doesn't make you feel any better :sarcasm:

The dumb give and go thing has annoyed me all tournament though. I've counted at least a dozen times it's happened so it's probably happened to all of us at some point.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
If it makes you feel any better Perunovich should have gotten an secondary assist pretty clearly on a goal in the QF, I was so sure it was going to count I added it in and had to get rid of it when the official listing came out. I think the same thing happened to Tkachuk on the first American goal today, but now that I think of it that probably doesn't make you feel any better :sarcasm:

The dumb give and go thing has annoyed me all tournament though. I've counted at least a dozen times it's happened so it's probably happened to all of us at some point.
To be fair, it didn't look like Tkachuk actually touched the puck as it passed him on the boards, even though he took a swipe at it. However, that Perunovich one is news to me.

Although he's not my guy, Liljegren made a wicked breakout pass for a goal today and also ended up pointless on the day. That pass absolutely MADE that goal. It's a shame. I'm guessing Peter Forsberg didn't have to deal with this shit the year he racked up 31 points. :laugh:

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
To be fair, it didn't look like Tkachuk actually touched the puck as it passed him on the boards, even though he took a swipe at it. However, that Perunovich one is news to me.

Although he's not my guy, Liljegren made a wicked breakout pass for a goal today and also ended up pointless on the day. That pass absolutely MADE that goal. It's a shame. I'm guessing Peter Forsberg didn't have to deal with this **** the year he racked up 31 points. :laugh:

My bad, it was the 2nd goal in the USA/FIN game, starts at 1:40 in the video on the right

USA vs FIN

Looks like you're right on the one earlier today. Thought Tkachuk touched that when I watched it live.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wait... that's a legit assist!

Yeah that's what I meant. I saw it and it was very clear, so I entered it into the chart as an assist for you, and when they didn't give it to him I left it assuming they'd fix it at the intermission like they often do because it was so obvious. And then the 2nd period started with it not being added so I reluctantly deleted it. Maybe you need to email the IIHF ;)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah that's what I meant. I saw it and it was very clear, so I entered it into the chart as an assist for you, and when they didn't give it to him I left it assuming they'd fix it at the intermission like they often do because it was so obvious. And then the 2nd period started with it not being added so I reluctantly deleted it. Maybe you need to email the IIHF ;)
I'm tempted. :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
1 sixth into the day and the only point goes to me on a Trent Frederic shorty to give me a 3 point lead

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can I get an assist for the Necas turnover on the goal? :sarcasm:

No, but strangely enough they gav Perunovich one somehow despite the fact that Necas had the puck after Perunovich. Perhaps trying to make up for the lack of 1 on New Years Eve. Then Anderson and Tkachuk points, on the 3rd goal, and now another goal from Frederic, seems like it's not your day

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
No, but strangely enough they gav Perunovich one somehow despite the fact that Necas had the puck after Perunovich. Perhaps trying to make up for the lack of 1 on New Years Eve. Then Anderson and Tkachuk points, on the 3rd goal, and now another goal from Frederic, seems like it's not your day
They got my angry voicemail! :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
7(what Howden has) for your 2nd best player wouldn't be too bad though, that's about middle of the pack for 2nd best score. But yeah, the fact that 4 is your 2nd best is the real killer, along with 3 zeros. It's always tough to tell exactly how well players will do. A player may seem to be a name player but a lot of it is luck. A name player like Brannstrom could only get 3 while your lesser known player goes without anything while a different lesser known player like Shusko puts up 8. Just comes down to getting the right ones and it's almost impossible to tell which ones are going to be the right ones ahead of time.

Anyway, 2nd period updated, 5 point lead from me, while the gap between 2nd and 4th has closed within 3. The 5th-9th race is really close as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad