Prospect Info: #69(nice)OA - Hurricanes select LHD Alexander Nikishin (Spartak - KHL)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yes it’s wrong and the rest of what you spewed is pure nonsense

The rest of what I wrote is verifiable facts.

Roman Rotenberg, 40, is the son of Boris Rotenberg — who is Putin’s childhood friend, former judo sparring partner and recreational hockey teammate. Roman Rotenberg was already deputy chairman of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) and its SKA St. Petersburg team, which is run by another Putin ally, Gennady Timchenko, and owned by the state-run gas giant Gazprom.

Now it's your turn to provide a reason why this is "pure nonsense"

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Slava Malamud? That guy is a misinformation clown.

SKA is Putin's favorite team, but the entire league, by and large, is funded by government energy giants. It's not like SKA has a monopoly on it.

Also, no teams have any direct link to the military.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Buying him out. While we can’t offer money directly, we could max bonus his ELC to allow him to buy himself out. Again, unlikely.

The goalie that is coming over to Philly was also under contract until next season

Nikishin is not gonna buy out his contract. There's a time window to do so and I think (I've need to look up regulations) it has already passed for next season.

Of course players can get out of contracts. It's frequently done by mutual termination, but I can't off the top of my head think of a high-end Russian player this has occurred with.. at least not in recent years. It's almost always foreign players, lesser players, and sometimes prospects.

Also, the Philly goalie (Kolosov) signed with the Flyers last year. He was loaned back to Minsk for this season.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Slava Malamud? Really?

SKA is Putin's favorite team, but the entire league, by and large, is funded by government energy giants. It's not like SKA has a monopoly on it.

Also, no teams have any direct link to the military.

I don't know Slava Malamud from a hole in the wall, so I can't speak to their credibility. But I do know that series of tweets drew international attention due to the accusations within. Accusations, which I imagine, would be easy to disprove if they're untrue. Does SKA have a payroll much larger than most other teams? Can they ignore the salary cap? Is there any indication that they receive favoritism in the calls on the ice?

And I apologize about the military comment. I read too quickly. SKA started as a military club and was able to get top athletes in the country due to that connection, but you're right that there's no direct link to the military currently.

Regardless, the entire point is that there's zero chance Nikishin is going to get out of that contract early. There's no reason for SKA to allow that to happen and I don't believe Nikishin has given any indication of his preference one way or the other. Haven't done any research on that though.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

@Zine replied with basically what I was referring to in my original post. To think that Putin actually gives two shits about what goes on with SKA is ridiculous. Guarantee you it's one of the absolute last things on his mind. He didn't "put" anyone there and every KHL team is basically owned by Putin friends/allies.

And note that my post replying to you didn't even acknowledge Nikishin getting out of his contract early. I've said since he signed the deal that there was no chance we'd get him here until his contract is up. I've been very consistent in that message. I replied specifically to the "SKA is Putin's team" nonsense as if it has any significance. It has absolutely zero significance here and is no different than Obama's favorite NBA team being the Chicago Bulls. Doesn't mean jack shit

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I don't know Slava Malamud from a hole in the wall, so I can't speak to their credibility. But I do know that series of tweets drew international attention due to the accusations within. Accusations, which I imagine, would be easy to disprove if they're untrue. Does SKA have a payroll much larger than most other teams? Can they ignore the salary cap? Is there any indication that they receive favoritism in the calls on the ice?

And I apologize about the military comment. I read too quickly. SKA started as a military club and was able to get top athletes in the country due to that connection, but you're right that there's no direct link to the military currently.

Regardless, the entire point is that there's zero chance Nikishin is going to get out of that contract early. There's no reason for SKA to allow that to happen and I don't believe Nikishin has given any indication of his preference one way or the other. Haven't done any research on that though.

You can't speak to Malamud's credibility, but you use him to prove your points?:squint:

If even half of that stuff was true, SKA would be winning titles left and right. Yet the last time they won a championship was 8 seasons ago.
Of course SKA is the wealthiest team, and wealth and influence can get you certain things, but NHL media (and NHL social media) LOVE to sensationalize everything coming out of Russia/KHL to absurd levels. Like Putin is single-handedly dictating what happens in KHL. lol
But it's what sells and gets clicks. And people eat it up like candy because we're the evil empire. It's really quite astounding.

That said, we are in agreement that its unlikely Nikishin will be in the NHL next year.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Could Nikishin sign after the KHL playoffs next year? If he then signed in late March/April 2025, would he be eligible for the 2025 NHL playoffs?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Could Nikishin sign after the KHL playoffs next year? If he then signed in late March/April 2025, would he be eligible for the 2025 NHL playoffs?
Could he, sure. Anyone on your contract or reserve list by the deadline is eligible for the playoffs. Any FA (non reserve list) signed after the deadline is eligible to play the rest of the season but not playoffs.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Depends on SKA.
All expiring KHL contracts end the final day of the championships (scheduled playoffs), even for players on eliminated teams/not in playoffs. This year its April 30th.

But teams have let players go early after elimination (see Khusnutdinov). Depends how deep in play-offs SKA will go, and/or if they wanna be dicks about not letting him go if they're eliminated early.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This is like the longest C-tease ever. Like the hot girl that keeps leading you on, but never shows up or something. Eventually you just give up, and date the cute but reserved librarian who turns out to be an only fans star and paid dominatrix.
Off to my local library, will check back with you folks when I can...or...whenever I'm allowed?

• Haha
Reactions: Borsig and DaveG

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
that sounds.... way too specific. NTTAWWT
I never claimed to be vanilla. I'm married to a 5'0" 120 pound female who wanted to get in a fight with another female at the TBL game on black friday. She also yelled at glitter douche and told him he was cringe for pushing kids out of the way during warmups. She may or not be a dominatrix, but does not work at a library.

Please continue your discussion on our vaporware russian D man

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
"Coaching" rather than playing at the exhibition pretty clearly means he hasn't.

Relax, he's got another year to recover before his contract is up and he can come over. If he ever does, anyway.
I wasn't stressed, just asking for a friend. :)

FWIW: I refuse to believe he won't be here

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln