67's VS Wolves

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by ktownhockey, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktownhockey

ktownhockey Registered User

Im going to the game tonight in Ottawa, so if anyone wants a report on a player let me know...

2. Blunt182

Blunt182 Registered User

Let me know how Bobby Chaumont played.
    Thanks!

3. mcarrick16

mcarrick16 Registered User

Home Page:
    Lukas Kaspar

4. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    Wolves shut down the 67's last week, I got the game on tape and it was a dominating performance by the Wolves, even though it was only 3-1.

Ottawa responded very well with a 7-4 win though and Kaspar got a hat trick :)

Watch Lukas Kaspar, I'm not sure but if I remember correctly he's 80 or 82 or 83....IDK for sure...and the Wolves goaltender Patrick Ehelechner who I think looks like Nabokov or Kolzig in net...Thank you!

5. JSmith81x

JSmith81x Your weapon is guilt

Home Page:
    Kaspar's #83.

6. Baron Von Shark

Baron Von Shark Registered User

Home Page:
    Kaspar of the 67s and Ehelechner of the Wolves. Thanks in advance.

7. Just_a_girl

Just_a_girl Registered User

Poor College Student
    Zack Stortini

8. mcarrick16

mcarrick16 Registered User

Home Page:
    1 goal 2 assists for Lukas Kaspar! has now 4 goals and 2 assists in 3 games with Ott!

9. Baron Von Shark

Baron Von Shark Registered User

Home Page:
    OHL.com said Kaspar had 2g and 2a...which is it?

10. sharkyz15

sharkyz15 Registered User

Home Page:

well i'm confused
    maybe there was spme kind of scoring chage?

11. Prucha73

Prucha73 Guest

What do you think of Petruzalek? Does he look like he can play in NHL in few years? What are his flaws, besides being small?

12. N Bahn Ahden

N Bahn Ahden Registered User

Home Page:
    re

I was at the game, and it was very entertaining and a great crowd. I'll just give my opinions on the players I was really watching, mostly 67's players.

Lukas Kaspar- #83 had a fantastic game in front of the home crowd. He had a lot of ice time and seemed to be involved in the play everytime he touched the ice. In the first period he got an assist, with a nice breakout pass from his zone, which Tsimikalis skated up and dropped to Wharton at the point. Whartons shot was deflected by a Wolf. In the second period he got another assist on Tsimikalis' goal, a loose puck which Tsimikalis shovelled in from the slot. Kaspar really showed his speed and strength to me when he got the puck on a two on two and just skated around the defencmen on the outside ala Marian Hossa, creating a good chance. In the third Kaspar and Petruzalek really took over. On a powerplay Kaspar got his first with a cross ice pass from Petz which Kaspar onetimed. Soon after came an amazing goal. Tsimikalis dropped the puck to Petruzalek at the line, and then he dropped it to Kaspar and Kaspar passed it to Tsimikalis down low. Tsimikalis circled the net and passed it out to Petruzalek in the slot who one timed that pass to Kaspar who had a tap in for his second of the night. I was very impressed with Kaspar tonight and look forward to watching him play all season.

Jakub Petruzalek- #91 was buzzing aroung all night long with his buddy Kaspar. In the first he showed that he does have a feisty side to him when he wrecked a Wolves defencmen (#8 if that means anything to anyone) from behind. It was kind of dirty, but it showed that he is willing to throw his small body around. In the third Petz scored a nice goal on an individual rush. He got around the defencman and tried to put it top shelf short side, but the puck just barely trickeld in after the goalie got a peice of his initial shot. See above for details on his assists in the third. All in all, Petruzalek has a lot of skill and isn't a complete ***** out there. He for sure has big league talent, although it would be interesting to see him playing on a team without Kaspar, and vice versa, because the two have amazing chemistry.

Peter Tsimikalis- For more details on his game, read the Kaspar blurb, but I just gotta say that he should have been drafted by somebody last year. He doesn't do anything great, but he has some skill, lots of heart and grit, ok speed, and will be a great leader. He will be drafted this year by somebody with the totals he will put up playing with Kaspar and Petz.

Will Colbert- The newly appointed captain had a great game I'm guessing because I didn't really notice him. He plays a strong defensive game and didn't have any noticeable errors. He made some big hits and had an all around solid game.

Bryan Bickell- Sometimes he wows me and sometimes he may not be dressed for all I know, and last night he played maybe two shifts. He through his body around, making some guys kiss the ice, and he has one rush where he showed his hands before loosing the puck, but I was dissapointed with him.

Derek Joslin- Defencman for Ottawa elgible for the draft this year. I though he played a very good game playing a lot of ice time for a rookie (he did play in a few games last year). Because of the injuries to Elgin Reid and Robbie Lawrence the 67's needed people to step up and he did. He is a big guy, listed as 6'1" but looked taller, and built like beast. He has isn't fast but isn't slow either. He has a mean streak which you could see in him, even though he didn't get in a fight or major scuffles. I think he will be taken sometime in the mid rounds of the draft this year.

Mark Mancari- For those interested, he had an OK game, but didn't really creat much offensively. He had some big hits but didn't really show me much.

Danny Battachio- Had a very good game in goal for Ottawa, but is an 85.

Kyle Wharton- First game back since his broken wrist, he did get a goal, although it was redirected. He didn't make any huge errors I can think of, but I may be wrong. He didn't stick out is all I can say.

Any ways, sorry if I missed anyone, but theses where the only guys I felt able to right about. Nobody else really did anything worth mentioning on the 67's, and the Wolves were not really a focus for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.