640 km (400 miles) for one practice

Rico__Persson*

bought an airplane?
it must be nice tro have that thing called MONEY

It was $11,500 US.

Chances are your car is worth more.

Not a bad investment in my opinion. $11,500 plane turns into 15 years or professional hockey. Even at the lowest level of pro hockey that's about 1.5 million.

AgentNaslund*

This story isn't great. It's stupid.

For starters it's incredibly, incredibly wasteful and inefficient to drive somebody that incredible distance each time (then fly him). Wasteful regarding resources and money.

Not only that but you spoil the child into thinking that whatever he wants he can have. He wants to play hockey come hell or high water.

This is just ridiculous.

its a great story. The good thing is this story paid off. Carey Price will be in the NHL Soon. Alot of stories were the kid does not come close to the NHL. Total payoff. I know his dad had no intentions for him to play pro hockey one day, but a great story:clap:

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
It was $11,500 US.

Chances are your car is worth more.

Not a bad investment in my opinion. $11,500 plane turns into 15 years or professional hockey. Even at the lowest level of pro hockey that's about 1.5 million.

Maintenance of light aircraft gets very expensive, especially older ones that cost 11k.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Did you read the TSN article? I think it mentioned in there his mother is the chief of some native indian nation there..

Yes I did, my mistake for...not adding 1 + 1...
Now I know...it's 2!!!!;)

Come to think of it...Jerry Price was probably not only dedicated to his son (Carey)...but he was also dedicated to his wife who is chief of an Indian nation in B.C. (hence why they didn't move closer to the practice location, probably...).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Jesus, talking about a kid's dream as an investment that's going to pay off. Just the kind of savvy sophisticated modern world we live in. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->