60 degree angle as compared to....

expensivedirt

Apr 28, 2004
Vancouver
For goalies everywhere.

Have an RBK glove which are known for their 60 degree catching angle. Was wondering if other goalies felt restricted by it? I haven't tried the other angle (90 degrees?) as this was my first legit trapper. Was looking to upgrade and I wasn't sure if I should continue with RBK or go to something like Mission Helium Elite.

It just seems awkward when I began using the RBK and the opening required me to hold the glove differently. Is it just me?

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
*shrug*, you never know, man. Stick with it a while before you decide you hate it, you might grow to love it.

Unless you've had it for a while, then yeah, I guess it doesn't work for you.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
The break angle is another one of the "personal preference" items for goalies. Some feel the tighter angle is restrictive but I feel that it makes catching in the pocket more natural rather than catching in the palm. When I wore the larger break angle a lot of shots resulted in stingers/strikes to the palm. With the 60 almost every catch is into the pocket.

Bottom line is you have to find what makes you happy. Give it a few weeks of solid use and if things dont change on the comfort level then you will have to make a change to be at your best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->