6 Inglorious returns of stars facing their former team

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
These six games are put into my calendar to watch. Not so much for the game, but for the fans.

Thursday October 26

I’m looking forward to DeMarcus Cousins return to Sacramento. A lot of bad blood when he left, as he clearly felt, from comments of the management, that he would be staying there for a while. I suspect the Sacramento crowd will give him a pretty good cheer, since he made no comments about wanting to leave. Clearly, the management and ownership there have major issues when it comes to player treatment and development.

Wednesday December 13

Paul George returns to Indiana. In this scenario, Paul George basically said that he did not want to stick around Indiana any longer. I suspect that the crowd there will be much more hostile towards Paul, and it’ll be curious to see how OKC has gelled and developed by the time they visit. One wonders how many Indiana PG-13 or “classic†George 24 jerseys will in attendance when the Pacers first visit the Thunder on October 25th.

Friday December 15

A sleeper game, except for those up north, is when DeMarre Carroll and the Brooklyn Nets come in to Toronto for the first time. Carol was basically a washout from the time he got to Canada. Initially, I liked the signing, even though the contract was a tad expensive. However, he never seemed to gel with the lineup, and was barely a contributor at the best of times. His shots against the organisation and style of play, while mostly true, were unnecessary, and it came across as being petty.

Monday January 15th

Chris Paul, one of the most overrated players in the league in the last 20 years, going back to LA. You know what you are going to see during that return? Patrick Beverley is going to be all over that mofo like nobody’s business.

Friday February 9

Tom Thibodeau and Jimmy Butler facing their former team together. This homecoming happens a week before the All-Star break and traditionally dangerously close to the trade deadline. The mascot may be the only familiar face to greet Butler.

Wednesday March 28

Gordon Hayward‘s return to Utah . Exactly two weeks away from the end of the season, Jazz fans will undoubtedly be sour if the playoffs are only in the Celtics future.

http://wincolumnsports.ca/demarcus-cousins-paul-george-chris-paul-nba-stars-return-home/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol DeMarre Carroll returning vs the Raptors should not be on this list because DeMarre Carroll is trash.

Just take him off of this list and put Kyrie Irving returning to Cleveland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->