Speculation: 6 In 5 Thread 2017/18 (& Playoff Prediction)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This looks pretty good too

IMG_0051.jpg

Reactions: Jetsfareast

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The fact that Arizona is still at 78% as is Buffalo has me inclined to take this particular graph with a grain of salt, Aavco.

That said Jets have done 6 in 5 so far so keep it up and they’re golden.

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
The fact that Arizona is still at 78% as is Buffalo has me inclined to take this particular graph with a grain of salt, Aavco.

I think they are point projections, not playoff likelihood percentages, ERYX.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia

I think these are point projections, not playoff percentages

Based on the title at the top of the graph, anyway

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
You know, if the Jets finish that high, they are firmly into "should win at least one playoff round" territory. Personally, I would rather they go in as underdogs. Keep expectations low. Baby steps.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You know, if the Jets finish that high, they are firmly into "should win at least one playoff round" territory. Personally, I would rather they go in as underdogs. Keep expectations low. Baby steps.
Well that will be a pretty tough season as a fan. I want them to win, but not too much so the just sneak into the playoffs. Personally I want them to kick *** all season long get home ice advantage and let the chips fall where they may be. The players on the ice don't give a rat's *** who may be an underdog. We as fans may feel more comfortable with lower expectations, but IMO there is no such thing as low expectations for professional athletes.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well that will be a pretty tough season as a fan. I want them to win, but not too much so the just sneak into the playoffs. Personally I want them to kick *** all season long get home ice advantage and let the chips fall where they may be. The players on the ice don't give a rat's *** who may be an underdog. We as fans may feel more comfortable with lower expectations, but IMO there is no such thing as low expectations for professional athletes.

I was referring only to my expectations. And when did ass become a filtered word on here?

Edit: Oh, it didn't. Now I'm curious what word you used, but of course there's no way for you to tell me. :laugh:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

This is the franchise that has never won a playoff game, never mind a playoff round. Even if we finish 2nd in the Central expectation s will be tempered.

I would prefer them to kick ass all season and coast into the playoffs, thank you very much.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets are still young and inexperienced in terms of the playoffs, but they have the kind of team that could go far. They are very big and fast, so they should be hard to deal with physically. They have a number of players with the skill to score when chances are tougher to come by. If Buff is sharp, they have a pretty deep and high-impact D. Now, if they can add a solid goalie to that mix, they have the ingredients to go some distance.

I think that if the Jets are able to adjust to the playoff style quickly and get past the 1st round, they could be a really tough playoff team.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Points YTD: 19
Rolling 5 Games: 7
Average 5 Games: 6.3
Points %: 0.633
Winning %: 0.533
Projected Finish: 103

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Points YTD: 21
Average 5 Games: 6.6
Points %: 0.656
Winning %: 0.563
Projected Finish: 107

Reactions: KingBogo and ps241

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
How many of those have actually been said on TV since then?

I'm pretty sure they've all been said on Curb Your Enthusiasm. :laugh: Cable changed everything, and I never understood why the Big 3 networks had to adhere to outdated "broadcast standards". But that's a rant for another day, in another thread.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Points YTD: 23
Average 5 Games: 6.8
Points %: 0.676
Winning %: 0.588
Points Pace 82 Games: 110
PPG: 1.35

Reactions: KingBogo

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
23 points in 17 games. All we need is 1 point in the next 3 games and we’ll still be ok? My expectations has risen a little. I wouldn’t be satisfied with less than 4 points with 2 against Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->