OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Could it be that Boy Scouts participate in different activities that Girl Scouts do not? Maybe there are girls that dont want to be forced to sell cookies? Lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Then add those activities to the Girl Scouts and don't force them to sell cookies.

Boom. I'm a genius. Put me on the board.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Then add those activities to the Girl Scouts and don't force them to sell cookies.

Boom. I'm a genius. Put me on the board.

Are they owned by the same companies?

Either way..there are so many other far more terrible things happening that this isnt even on ny radar lol

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are they owned by the same companies?

Either way..there are so many other far more terrible things happening that this isnt even on ny radar lol

Well yeah, of course there's more terrible things happening, but that doesn't mean this isn't a problem. I don't give a flying f*** about the Boy Scouts either, but I care about what this means in general and how this shows that the problem is continuing to grow and effect bigger things.

Also, this is the kind of shit that helped Trump get elected, and I know you hate that. I can't even tell you how many people say that one of the main reasons they voted for him was because he's "anti-SJW/anti-political correctness". This stupid stuff getting way out of control is causing other, bigger problems.

And as a side note... this board is the last place in the world that I'd expect to hear that something isn't worth getting angry about just because it's insignificant compared to other problems. :laugh: f*** me, there's was just a meltdown less than 24 hours ago.

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We dont know why the Boy Scouts made that decision. Maybe there are communities underserved by the Girl Scouts? Maybe enrollmentis down?

We dont if political-correctness is a factor at all.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
We dont know why the Boy Scouts made that decision. Maybe there are communities underserved by the Girl Scouts? Maybe enrollmentis down?

You can try to look for any reason you want but we all know they were bullied into this.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Every GS troop I saw was a total joke. If any girl wants to do the outdoorsy thing seriously, I imagine she'd have a hard time finding a group that would be good. At least, that's what I saw.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You can try to look for any reason you want but we all know they were bullied into this.

This article is a good write up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-scouts-will-admit-girls-allow-them-earn-eagle-scout-n809836

It boiled down to girls not being afforded the same opportunities in the Girl Scouts as boys are in the Boy Scouts. For example, girls arent able to become Eagle Scouts in the GS.

The Cub Dens will still be single gender.

Really not much to see here.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If that's the case then go for it.

Like I said, I couldn't care less about this specific instance.

I was just talking about that general type of thinking that's all over the place these days (if it had been a move out of fear/pressure).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If that's the case then go for it.

Like I said, I couldn't care less about this specific instance.

I was just talking about that general type of thinking that's all over the place these days (if it had been a move out of fear/pressure).

I hear you.

As a liberal even I roll my eyes sometimes at some of the issues that become hot buttons.

That said..I would rather side with people that overly politically correct or overly inclusive than people that are overly discriminatory or exclusive.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hear you.

As a liberal even I roll my eyes sometimes at some of the issues that become hot buttons.

That said..I would rather side with people that overly politically correct or overly inclusive than people that are overly discriminatory or exclusive.
Well sure, but there's a whole lot of middle ground in between.

This isn't directed at you, but that's one of the things that drive me up the wall the most... That we're at a point where people feel like they need to pick one extreme side or the other on whatever topic. As if there's a danger where if you don't distance yourself enough you'll be accidentally perceived as being on the other side.

I hate the hyper-political-correctness and the SJW garbage, but saying that makes it sound as if I agree with the people who are discriminatory. In reality I didn't like either candidate because I think both are absolutely atrocious godawful people who can't be trusted for a second (on a different level than the normal untrustworthy politician). Honestly I don't even know if I'd be considered more of a liberal or conservative based on my views. Probably somewhere in the middle but it feels like I'm pretty alone there based on what I see around me.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
From my experience, SJWs are the fiction created by men desperate to complain about women.

Most of the time, social changes ascribed to "SJWs" don't even affect the lives of those who do the most complaining. It's a bizarre phenomenon.

The problem might be that you don't regularly interact with a diverse group of people. Might realize that you're the one being too sensitive

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Hey, look, if you're going to get all "logical" and "objective", there's no place for you in this discussion.

Reactions: Rebels57

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Well sure, but there's a whole lot of middle ground in between.

This isn't directed at you, but that's one of the things that drive me up the wall the most... That we're at a point where people feel like they need to pick one extreme side or the other on whatever topic. As if there's a danger where if you don't distance yourself enough you'll be accidentally perceived as being on the other side.

I hate the hyper-political-correctness and the SJW garbage, but saying that makes it sound as if I agree with the people who are discriminatory. In reality I didn't like either candidate because I think both are absolutely atrocious godawful people who can't be trusted for a second (on a different level than the normal untrustworthy politician). Honestly I don't even know if I'd be considered more of a liberal or conservative based on my views. Probably somewhere in the middle but it feels like I'm pretty alone there based on what I see around me.

Herein lies the problem where we have generally accepted that there are only two groups.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
This article is a good write up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-scouts-will-admit-girls-allow-them-earn-eagle-scout-n809836

It boiled down to girls not being afforded the same opportunities in the Girl Scouts as boys are in the Boy Scouts. For example, girls arent able to become Eagle Scouts in the GS.

The Cub Dens will still be single gender.

Really not much to see here.
Yeah a real shocking change of heart from a group that hadn't allowed girls in for 100 years.

The girl scouts have their own equivalent to the eagle scouts. The fact that the two aren't held up to the same standard is completely wrong, but the answer shouldn't be to let girls become eagle scouts. The girl scouts give young women plenty of opportunities.

We are all different and unique. So why are we teaching girls they have to do everything boys do to be just as successful? They cant succeed as girl scouts so they have to become boy scouts? Seems a bit counter productive.

Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
From my experience, SJWs are the fiction created by men desperate to complain about women.

Most of the time, social changes ascribed to "SJWs" don't even affect the lives of those who do the most complaining. It's a bizarre phenomenon.

The problem might be that you don't regularly interact with a diverse group of people. Might realize that you're the one being too sensitive
I hope you're not implying that's an accurate description of me, because that's absolutely not the case.

When I say SJW I'm not talking about people who want equality among different genders or races or whatever. I'm talking about the crazy ones who say insane things like simply being male or white or heterosexual makes you evil.

Reactions: Pablo Sanchez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im gonna go ahead and bow out of this one gracefully.

Im inundated with political and social conversation too much as it is.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad