50 goals in 50 games.....Crosby or Dawes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Which of these snipers or maybe both, will net 50 goals in 50 games??

Crosby is currently sitting at 45 goals in 46 games.

Dawes, in action tonite, has 42 goals in 42 games.

Scoring 50 in 50 is still a heck of an accomplishment, probably even more so in this day and age. Obviously no one has done it in the NHL since the Great One, but I'm not sure who the last would have been to accomplish it in either the WHL, OHL or the Q in the past several years?

Take it a little further and has there ever been a 16 yr old to net 50 in 50 in the CHL?

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
HabLover said:

Scoring 50 in 50 is still a heck of an accomplishment, probably even more so in this day and age. Obviously no one has done it in the NHL since the Great One, but I'm not sure who the last would have been to accomplish it in either the WHL, OHL or the Q in the past several years?

Take it a little further and has there ever been a 16 yr old to net 50 in 50 in the CHL?

Actually, Neely did it in the '90s. I think it was 50 in 44, might have been around 93-94 maybe?

Also, Hull did it after Gretzky as well.

The only 16 year old that I think would have had a chance would have been Bossy, who scored 68 in 70 games I believe. Very possible that he did it.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
sonnytheman said:
Actually, Neely did it in the '90s. I think it was 50 in 44, might have been around 93-94 maybe?

The only 16 year old that I think would have had a chance would have been Bossy, who scored 68 in 70 games I believe. Very possible that he did it.

I think the list of players who have done it goes as follows:
Richard
Bossy
Gretzky
Lemieux
Neely

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
JDB3939 said:
I think the list of players who have done it goes as follows:
Richard
Bossy
Gretzky
Lemieux
Neely

And that....is impressive company.

Regardless of whether some people still want to say it's to early to be hyping this kid (although those naysayers certainly have died down...lol), that is incredibly impressive territory.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
sonnytheman said:

How is this a "16 year old" record? Bossy turned 17 Jan 22 of that season. Same with Savards 79 assists (Feb 4) and Normand Duponts 125 points (Feb 5).

Edit:I know Bossy still could have done it but I keep seeing these "16 year old" records by 17 year olds. The first time I ever shot a rabbit it was actually a duck and I killed it with a stick. (no animals were harmed while typing this)

Last edited:

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
HabLover said:

I believe Crosby will get 50 first(its almost obvious), but I think they will both do 50-50.

shooter11

May 14, 2003
Visit site
Brad Richards

I know for a fact Brad Richards did this with Rimouski in 99-00 season (50 in 45 I think), I think Gamache did it the season after and Locke missed it by 1 or 2 games last year. The link in an early post had the fastest but not all the players that did it in junior it only went to 41 games.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Frolov said:
Calm down, it's the Q.

Yahick Lehoux had 67 goals in 70 games.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1104

It may be the Q and it may happen a little more often than the other leagues, but the fact is Crosby is only 16 and it's been a while since any 1st year player has come close to 50 in 50. Lehoux was 18 when he scored a bunch.

As for Dawes, well, he is 18, but netting 50 in 50 is a very rare occurence in the WHL whether you're 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20.

knowitall

Apr 25, 2002
Northern Icon
Visit site
Im sick of people like HockeyGod posting the wrong informaiton on here. If he wants to check before he saw the wrong information, Teemu Selanne did not have 50 goals in 50 games. Please make sure before you post, cause your the one who looks like a fool in the end.

WINNIPEG NEEDS A TEAM!!!!

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
HabLover said:

Cam Neely did do it before he was forced to retire in 46 games i think (or was it the 44?? that i cannever remember), putting him behind Gretzky and ahead of Mario L for quickest to 50 goals.

ANd it was the 93/94 season.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
bb_fan said:
Cam Neely did do it before he was forced to retire in 46 games i think (or was it the 44?? that i cannever remember), putting him behind Gretzky and ahead of Mario L for quickest to 50 goals.

ANd it was the 93/94 season.
Neely did it in 44, Lemieux in 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad