Proposal: 5-Way Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Ottawa:

Gives up: Turris, Ryan (1,500,000 Retained), Thompson, 2018 1st, Chabot, Logan Brown

Receives: Duchene, Kreider, McDonagh --- Ottawa gets a LOT better for this season, and manages to squeeze under the cap. They hurt their future a bit, but if you flip E.K in 3 or 4 years, you get a kings ransom to fix you anyways.

Nashville:

Gives up: 2018 1st, Fabbro, Saros, 2019 2nd, Craig Smith

Receives: Turris, Nate Thompson, Bobby Ryan (1,500,000 retained) --- I think the retained Ryan is what makes this deal fair for Nashville. They are a team competing for a cup for the next few seasons, I think that a lot of these picks need to be made "conditional" but that's too much mental balancing for me right now. If Turris resigns, they have an elite top 6 with two amazing centers to anchor a lethal set of wingers -- a truly complete team.

NYR:

Gives up: Kreider, McDonagh, Nash (2,000,000 Retained), 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

Receives: Logan Brown, Ottawa 2018 1st, Nashville 2018 1st, Fabbro, Saros, Dubois --- Team is absolutely gutted now, and obviously this is a "Fallin4Dahlin" strategy, but good god talk about immediately rebuilding.

Colorado:

Gives up: Duchene, Soderberg

Receives: Chabot, NYR 2019 2nd, Nashville 2019 2nd, Craig Smith, Columbus 2018 3rd --- Colorado basically gets a 3rd and Smith for Soderberg, and Chabot + NYR and Nashville's 2019 2nds. Chabot and Makar instantly becomes a 2nd pairing and a future top pair combo, and if they want to flip Barrie, they can do that --- maybe Barrie should be built into this proposal somewhere (Columbus?)

Columbus:

Gives up: PLD, 2018 3rd.

Receives: Rick Nash (2,000,000 Retained), Carl Soderberg, NYR 2020 2nd --- They give up PLD who doesn't seem to be working out much in Columbus, and get back a solid Rick Nash, a perfect PK/4th Line Center --- maybe change Soderberg and the 3rd for Barrie and their 1st to balance it out.

Thoughts? 8)

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers do this in a heartbeat!!!!!! I would literally cry of happiness if this happened

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
For what I could actually understand from this deal Columbus gets hosed. NYR gets a lot of high quality pieces for essentially McDonaugh and Kreider. idk I'm confused.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Columbus Colorado and Nashville walk away and tear up phone numbers on their way out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not a snowball's chance in hell. No way. Absolutely no way. We might take on Nash for free, but the other assets? No. And giving up PLD? Because "he doesn't seem to be working out" (hint: he's doing great)?

One of the worst Jackets proposals I have ever seen anywhere. Utter, absolute trash.

Reactions: Byrral

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah, I don't think Nashville would trade Saros while picking up Bobby Ryan, and we really have no use for Nate Thompson. Simplify it. a 1st, a 2nd and Fabbro should be enough to get an unsigned Turris.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
This is like EA sports trade-ception. A terrible EA sports trade within a EA sports play through.... actually this might be like 4 or 5 levels deep of bad.

You should feel bad.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Columbus Colorado and Nashville walk away and tear up phone numbers on their way out.

I think Colorado would do it they get chabot a bunch of 2nd and 3rds Craig smith and get to dump soderberg

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not a snowball's chance in hell. No way. Absolutely no way. We might take on Nash for free, but the other assets? No. And giving up PLD? Because "he doesn't seem to be working out" (hint: he's doing great)?

One of the worst Jackets proposals I have ever seen anywhere. Utter, absolute trash.

I think Colorado would do it they get chabot a bunch of 2nd and 3rds Craig smith and get to dump soderberg

What if:

Colorado throws in Barrie, and the Nashville 1st goes to Colorado instead of the Rangers? Does that make the deal better? BTW, PLD has 2 points in 13 games, he's not "doing great". I get he's young, I am not a fan of any of these teams either, so it's not like I have bias.

What if we just take the Jackets completely out of it, and throw in the Rangers 2018 2nd to the Avs? Nashville also gives the Rangers a 2018 2nd instead of a 2018 1st? Does that bring the value back to equal across the four squads?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What if:

Colorado throws in Barrie, and the Nashville 1st goes to Colorado instead of the Rangers? Does that make the deal better? BTW, PLD has 2 points in 13 games, he's not "doing great". I get he's young, I am not a fan of any of these teams either, so it's not like I have bias.

He's doing just fine. And Barrie would be playing on our bottom pairing, so he's not exactly useful to us.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Columbus gives up PLD and a 3rd to get two caps dumps and a 2nd? brutal
Nashcille gives up an absolute tonne for less than a year of turris and one of the worst contracts in the league

Ottawa hands done wins this. are you a sens fan by any chance?

pending UFA turris, top 5 worst contract ryan, 4th liner, chabot and brown don't get you two top 6 forwards and a top pairing dman.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Columbus gives up PLD and a 3rd to get two caps dumps and a 2nd? brutal
Nashcille gives up an absolute tonne for less than a year of turris and one of the worst contracts in the league

Ottawa hands done wins this. are you a sens fan by any chance?

pending UFA turris, top 5 worst contract ryan, 4th liner, chabot and brown don't get you two top 6 forwards and a top pairing dman.

I did mention some picks would need to be made Conditional, but wasn't sure how to re-structure the picks to make that work ... these trades are assuming Turris resigns.

Not sure if people are overlooking the Columbus and Nashville returns, because Ryan and Nash would BOTH be coming back with large amount of salary retained. Both are still great players, who can play good minutes and produce at a top 6 level. I agree, they are both on god awful contracts, but that's why I proposed salary be retained. 5.8m Rick Nash and 5.75m Bobby Ryan are both huge improvements; arguably solid contracts.

Sens win today, I noted that, but they gut their prospect pool for the foreseeable future. Nothing in the pipeline in net, losing one of their only two solid defensive prospects (Chabot and White) and losing their #1 offensive prospect + all their picks of relevance for the next two years --- they go hard for a cup for two years, and then become bottom feeders for 3-4.

No, I'm a Habs fan. :boredom:

I think I botched the Columbus value a bit, to be fair.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
5-way trade with 38 moving parts.

Who says 6-way and 75 moving parts?

Sold to the fake trader in the first row!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Let's try alphabetical order where Anaheim trades their best player to Arizona. Arizona trades their best to Boston & so on until Anaheim gets a Winnipeg player.
That would mean we're getting someone from Colorado and losing Werenski, so, yeah, still object.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
8 way deal

Colorado gets: OTT 3rd
Ottawa gets: COL 4th, NSH 6th
Nashville gets: DET 7th, MIN 7th
Detroit gets: MIN 6th, CAR 4th
Minnesota gets: NYR 5th
Rangers get: COL 5th, CAR 3rd
Carolina gets: DAL 2nd
Dallas gets: DET 3rd, NYR 3rd

Status